The Student Room Group

aqa Biology Unit 2 AS level (BIOL2) ON 21st May 2012-possible questions

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by calender1994
because a levels are getting harder and ive done all the papers from 2001 to 2012 and and am just trying to get more practice YOU DICK!!!

no need for that language
Reply 21
I think the marks would be awarded for something like

-Hydrostatic pressure
-Caused by ventricles contracting
-pushes out small molecules through capillary walls
-Because capillary walls permeable/have holes
-As more tissue fluid formed, hydrostatic pressure reduced
-Proteins too large to go through capillary wall
-Lower water potential
-Tissue fluid moves back in by osmosis
-Down water potential gradient
-Rest of tissue fluid drained via lymph vessels

Just a rough guesstimate :smile:
Reply 22
Original post by TheFootyKing19
Loved the 6 marker! Heaven :biggrin:

I didn't understand that question! :frown:
Reply 23
Any1 got unofficial markscheme for as level bio unit 2 ?
Reply 24
Original post by dekg140
I think the marks would be awarded for something like

-Hydrostatic pressure
-Caused by ventricles contracting
-pushes out small molecules through capillary walls
-Because capillary walls permeable/have holes
-As more tissue fluid formed, hydrostatic pressure reduced
-Proteins too large to go through capillary wall
-Lower water potential
-Tissue fluid moves back in by osmosis
-Down water potential gradient
-Rest of tissue fluid drained via lymph vessels

Just a rough guesstimate :smile:

But I thought the question was asking about its formation and return? ><
Original post by Legha
no need for that language

:tongue: haha its cuz im cool :cool: haha ojoj :tongue: :colone:
Reply 26
ok don't know if this is a stupid question but for the very first answer I put :
osmosis not diffusion as the organism was living in water and the o2 could be obtained form the H20. Thoughts?
Original post by p_nolan212
Doing papers that aren't related to the current specification won't help, might want to try and sort your grammar out though for a few extra marks

kk
Reply 28
Original post by doctorzing
ok don't know if this is a stupid question but for the very first answer I put :
osmosis not diffusion as the organism was living in water and the o2 could be obtained form the H20. Thoughts?

No, oxygen required for respiration must be molecular oxygen (O2), that is dissolved in the water. Organisms living in water do not get oxygen for respiration from H2O. So it is diffusion, not osmosis, since osmosis is strictly the diffusion of water molecules.
Reply 29
Original post by meinerawre
But I thought the question was asking about its formation and return? ><

Yeah, formation (how it leaves the capillary) and it's return (how it re-enters the capillary)
Original post by dekg140
Yeah, formation (how it leaves the capillary) and it's return (how it re-enters the capillary)

I thought that. So I summed up how it exits the capillary and how it is drained away and re-enters at the other way, cramming in every technical word. I forgot the name of the actual draining system so just guessed lymphatic (too scared to check if that's wrong, it probably was but don't tell me!). Also added what sort of substances can pass through and can be left. Then I had 10 minutes left at the end so filled the page with all my other knowledge on the tissue fluid and it's purpose to be safe.
Reply 31
Was I seeing things or was there a question on altitude? with the oxygen dissociation curve?
Original post by Dansnail
Was I seeing things or was there a question on altitude? with the oxygen dissociation curve?

Can't remember any questions on oxygen dissociation, but I forgot a lot of the test to be honest. What other things were there about oxygen dissociation/haemoglobin? Might jog my memory.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending