The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2080
Original post by Mess.
The panic in his voice when the discussion if a false 9 was hilarious!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

"I Just don't understand not playing without a real centre forward" on repeat. The game's evolving, people unwilling to follow suit won't have a great future in the game.

Even Keane understood it. Him and Martinez made some great points.
Original post by L18
Met Sami at the SOS end of season do just before he left for Leverkusen.

Legend.

My jelly is falling from my pockets all over the floor :drool:
Reply 2082
https://twitter.com/BenSmithBBC/status/218361874637537280

Looks like Sigurdsson is set for Spurs then, which we had done it faster...
Reply 2084
http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/anfield-to-stage-leverkusen-clash

Final Pre-season with Bayern Leverkrusen confirmed on 12th Aug 3pm KO.
Reply 2085
What's with the stories about signing Lacina Traore, is it true?
Reply 2086
Original post by pbsjohnz
What's with the stories about signing Lacina Traore, is it true?

It's reported in an Italian newspaper I think (Gazzetta?), be odd signing another big striker when we have Carroll, although Traore does have a lot of potential.
Suarez ruled out of USA tour, west brom game and first two EL games...

Expected as much anyway with the olympics but at least its confirmed (well TIA said anyway). Same for Coates and Bellamy.

Have they actually announced the full "Team GB" squad? Cant find it anywhere all everyone is banging on about is Beckham

Reply 2088
Original post by Stirlo
It's reported in an Italian newspaper I think (Gazzetta?), be odd signing another big striker when we have Carroll, although Traore does have a lot of potential.

It would be a great buy though at 6 million, if he gets us 15 goals a season.
Reply 2089
Original post by orionmoo
Suarez ruled out of USA tour, west brom game and first two EL games...

Expected as much anyway with the olympics but at least its confirmed (well TIA said anyway). Same for Coates and Bellamy.

Have they actually announced the full "Team GB" squad? Cant find it anywhere all everyone is banging on about is Beckham

Nope only the over 23s have been confirmed (giggs, bellamy and richards). Bellamy may not even be with us next season and hopefully uruguay dont go very far :tongue: (unlikely though)

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
Lacina for cheap would be fantastic, but for some reason I don't see it...

Can't believe Sig has chosen Spurs (if he does). His reasons would be interesting.
Reply 2091
Original post by TheBallWinner
Lacina for cheap would be fantastic, but for some reason I don't see it...

Can't believe Sig has chosen Spurs (if he does). His reasons would be interesting.

His reasons will be money plain and simple. Hes said he has a great relationship with rodgers, and spurs dont even have a manager. We're both in the europa league. So it will be money

Original post by Stirlo
His reasons will be money plain and simple. Hes said he has a great relationship with rodgers, and spurs dont even have a manager. We're both in the europa league. So it will be money

Nothing to do with Spurs having a better squad and team than us then? Or nothing to do with Spurs finishing higher than us for the last 3 seasons? Just...money? Ok.
Reply 2093
Original post by ChrisWilliams
Nothing to do with Spurs having a better squad and team than us then? Or nothing to do with Spurs finishing higher than us for the last 3 seasons? Just...money? Ok.

That was under Harry Redknapp's rule, now they without him. Could be downhill.
Reply 2094
Original post by ChrisWilliams

Mm actually didnt think of that, good point lol

Original post by pbsjohnz
That was under Harry Redknapp's rule, now they without him. Could be downhill.

It could be downhill, but it could also be uphill from here as well, who knows? All we know are the facts of what's happened over the last 3 seasons. Money, of course, is going to come in to it but I think that aspect is going to be considered too.
Reply 2096
Traore has joined Anzhi Machakalakalakalakalaka, it;s been announced on their official site. Another BS rumour then we can strike off.

Wish we had some genuine links :tongue:
A few years back we could have slammed him for moving for cash but now Spurs do seem to be a bigger threat. Finishing higher etc.
Reply 2098
tbh, I think one of the biggest reasons is that he really wants a Man United move at some point - which he'd get at spurs but not at LFC.
Original post by L18
tbh, I think one of the biggest reasons is that he really wants a Man United move at some point - which he'd get at spurs but not at LFC.

Can't blame him for that either, as he supports them.

Latest