The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2400
Of we don't have a lot of cash why would we loan out one of our strikers, selling him of understand as you could add a fair bit more to the funds but loaning him out won't do any good
Original post by JF1903
Of we don't have a lot of cash why would we loan out one of our strikers, selling him of understand as you could add a fair bit more to the funds but loaning him out won't do any good

Loaning out can lower the wage bill.

Wayne Bridge going on loan to Brighton from MC - but they still pay 90% of wages. Yeah some may say what's the point, but that's paying 10% less than they're contractually obliged to pay, and he's getting game time. Better than sitting round clogging up the squad
1. Why would we loan out our most expensive signing?
2. Why would we loan him out when he's just finding some form/fitness/happiness?
3. With Ibrahimovic and Cassano in the side, Carroll would not get played - he'll get more game time staying in Liverpool.
4. We're not going to do loan dealings with AC Milan after the way they have behaved with Aquilani.
Reply 2403
Suarez and Bellamy also at olympics. If we were to loan him out before they return, we'll have no strikers. With Kuyt gone, Cardiff wanting Bellamy (although Rodgers likes him), and no strikers in the radar, its stupid. He needs more game time at Liverpool so he can get used to our style of play.

I think whilst Suarez and Bellamy are out, he'll get some game time, maybe even some game time during cup games too, and some PL games.
Original post by orionmoo
Loaning out can lower the wage bill.

Wayne Bridge going on loan to Brighton from MC - but they still pay 90% of wages. Yeah some may say what's the point, but that's paying 10% less than they're contractually obliged to pay, and he's getting game time. Better than sitting round clogging up the squad

Mmm only really applies to you when you have a massive squad. Had we kept Aquilani last season, I bet we would have played him in 10-20 games.
Reply 2405
Off camera, Rodgers said ‪#LFC‬ fans would find one potential new player 'incredibly exciting' - 'they'll love him'

https://twitter.com/BenSmithBBC/statuses/222303592999165953

Wonder who?
Reply 2406
The only thing with carroll is that im not sure how he'll cope with tiki taka football

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
I do not like Sturridge at all. Greedy mother****er.

Ooh that sounds interesting :colondollar:

Original post by Stirlo
The only thing with carroll is that im not sure how he'll cope with tiki taka football

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100

You do realise we're not going to become Barcelona overnight? Anyway, Carroll's touches and layoffs have improved over the past year.
Original post by checkolad
I do not like Sturridge at all. Greedy mother****er.

He's be ideal on the right wing but he obviously doesn't want to play there and like you say, his personality leaves a lot to be desired..
Reply 2411
Original post by Zerforax

You do realise we're not going to become Barcelona overnight? Anyway, Carroll's touches and layoffs have improved over the past year.

Ofcourse i know we're not. Just being sceptical
Original post by Stirlo
Ofcourse i know we're not. Just being sceptical

Tbh I think we'll have our midfield play most of the passing game and we'll still need a focal point. Don't think we're going to pass it into the net, more that we'll aim to pass it to a dangerous position which can create a goal scoring opportunity.
Yeah i don't think you can expect a replica of Swansea and Barcelona/Spain style. It will have some key similarities, but there will be key differences as well.
Reply 2414
Does anybody know whether or not the pre-season matches will be shown on a TV station other than LFCTV? Like last year's was on ESPN
FOOTBALL
If Liverpool fans are getting agitated because of a lack of signngs they may not have long to wait according to their manager Brendan Rodgers. He says: "The reality is we have only made three or four enquiries about players and hopefully can close out one deal this week which will be a real exciting one for the club, one the supporters will absolutely love."

Off the beeb, as someone else mentioned earlier.

It must be like 99% nailed on otherwise why would Rodgers commit to saying there is an exciting signing on its way? I could imagine Kenny saying something like that but Rodgers seems too savvy to promise unless something is close to certain.

We didn't hear a peep about Sidgursson..
Reply 2417
All Liverpool fans need to chill about the lack of transfer money. Rebuilding a squad doesnt happen in one year. People always expect results in one season but it never happens. Rodgers will need a couple of years at least before he gets you guys back up. Took him a few to do it at Swansea. A few decent signings this year to build on for the future will be a good result. Don't get annoyed if you don't get all the players you need this summer it just doesnt happen like that.

It's obviously because we kept getting confused with the white posts and the white netting last season. Over 30+ times we hit the woodwork?

Obviously with red netting, we would have scored all of those efforts :colondollar:
Reply 2419
I do wonder why they don't sell the back off the nets off to sponsorship. You would be able to charge a fortune for the massive profile they would generate. And if not sponsorship then the Liver Bird would be great to have on the nets facing the pitch.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Latest