The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2680
Allen rumours are building.

According to Times + Telegraph we are looking at him along with Holtby. These are the kind of targets I like.
I'm really sad. I really loved Maxi :frown:

The song for him was brill... :frown:
Am I the only one worried by our complete lack of wingers?
Original post by CB91

The system Rodgers likes to play requires no wingers.
Original post by WhatIsAUsername?
The system Rodgers likes to play requires no wingers.

Like playing with nathan dyer, wayne routledge, and scott sinclair :facepalm2:

4-3-3 with no natural/competent wingers, of course that makes sense. Might wanna ask andre villas boas how that worked out. Square pegs in round holes

If you're saying possession football requires no wingers either, it maybe so, like milan do at times, but what if you need an outlet out wide, as enrique can't cross and his positioning hasn't been that good in the second half of the season, glen johnson is better going forward in that respect though tbf. At least milan have someone like abate, but they've been lacking that on the left flank who is also capable defensively, which is why they've been looking for a left back for some time now, the only guy who can really attack from the left flank is antonini, who isn't the best defensively(despite his heroics vs barca) I don't know too much about mesbah, despite the fact that he's absolutely ****.

Original post by CB91

Well you do have downing :teehee:
But yeah wingers are a must next season.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Stirlo
We're paying for borini in 3 installments totalling 10.4m. Also paying additional fees gor goals and apps

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100

The italian league is going downhill if roma are selling their prized youngster after 1 season.
Original post by jam277
Like playing with nathan dyer, wayne routledge, and scott sinclair :facepalm2:

4-3-3 with no natural/competent wingers, of course that makes sense. Might wanna ask andre villas boas how that worked out. Square pegs in round holes

If you're saying possession football requires no wingers either, it maybe so, like milan do at times, but what if you need an outlet out wide, as enrique can't cross and his positioning hasn't been that good in the second half of the season, glen johnson is better going forward in that respect though tbf. At least milan have someone like abate, but they've been lacking that on the left flank who is also capable defensively, which is why they've been looking for a left back for some time now, the only guy who can really attack from the left flank is antonini, who isn't the best defensively(despite his heroics vs barca) I don't know too much about mesbah, despite the fact that he's absolutely ****.

Well you do have downing :teehee:
But yeah wingers are a must next season.

The way we're shaping up at the moment looks like we'll possibly be having Downing on the left as a winger and then maybe someone on the right as an inside forward, allowing Johnson to roam forward and act as a type of wing back, leaving less responsibility for Enrique to get forward.

Speaking of Enrique, from people on TLW who've been hearing things about training, he's really been struggling against Jordon Ibe!
Original post by ChrisWilliams
The way we're shaping up at the moment looks like we'll possibly be having Downing on the left as a winger and then maybe someone on the right as an inside forward, allowing Johnson to roam forward and act as a type of wing back, leaving less responsibility for Enrique to get forward.

Speaking of Enrique, from people on TLW who've been hearing things about training, he's really been struggling against Jordon Ibe!

Yeah, it was too predictable your play, as soon as andy carroll comes on, the tactic turned into pass to downing. No idea who can work as an inside forward though, if it was left wing that was the problem, then suarez would have sorted it out playing as an inside forward but enrique can't attack on the overlap that well.

Who's an effective inside forward on the right flank?
Reply 2688
Original post by jam277
Yeah, it was too predictable your play, as soon as andy carroll comes on, the tactic turned into pass to downing. No idea who can work as an inside forward though, if it was left wing that was the problem, then suarez would have sorted it out playing as an inside forward but enrique can't attack on the overlap that well.

Who's an effective inside forward on the right flank?

Suarez surprisingly seems to cut in a lot better from the right than the left so I'd happily have him there.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Mess.
Suarez surprisingly seems to cut in a lot better from the right than the left so I'd happily have him there.

Downing and suarez it is I guess, if downing sorts out his form as we know he's better than this then it'll be a better team than last season attacking wise. Can't help but think with suarez cutting in and johnson overlapping who's not the best in terms of positioning and defending you guys will get caught on the break loads on that right flank. You'll probably have to get gerrard/lucas/henderson from the midfield 3 to help with the defensive work on that wing. Probably henderson who's yet to find a role but is probably the fastest of the three while lucas is sitting back helping the defence.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by JoeK
Allen rumours are building.

According to Times + Telegraph we are looking at him along with Holtby. These are the kind of targets I like.

Good luck with that, Holtby is an Everton supporter...
Reply 2691
Who you support means nothing
Reply 2692
Original post by Catilina
Good luck with that, Holtby is an Everton supporter...

So were Fowler, Owen and Carragher :dontknow:

Edit: And Baines supports Liverpool.
Original post by L18
Who you support means nothing

I thought carragher supported everton as a childhood fan in fact? Or I might just be talking out my arse lol.
Reply 2694
http://www.lfctour.com/team

Team sheet for the tour. Good to see youngsters in.
Been watching videos of Borini he looks pretty good, good-luck too him.
Reply 2696
Original post by mr tim
http://www.lfctour.com/team

Team sheet for the tour. Good to see youngsters in.

Don't see Reina there?
Reply 2697
Original post by Addy88
Don't see Reina there?

I assume he's on holiday or something.
Reply 2698
Glad we're looking at Holtby, would be a good signing. Seems we're looking at top young prospects from around Europe which is how it should be.
(edited 11 years ago)
I was surprised we let him go. Ancelotti would have kept him, he liked him a lot. Crazy how his value has shot up to £10m in such a short space of time.

Latest