The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

The second one is for the American tour. I can't stand Obama, but I can live with this :biggrin:

The election is going on over there as well... good publicity.

http://www.lfctour.com/news/brendan-rodgers-hope-poster
I honestly hope Pardew has done this just to troll liverpool. I don't want him back :frown:
Reply 2742
Walcott's an LFC fan apparently. Could sway him.
Reply 2743
Original post by Pn94
Walcott's an LFC fan apparently. Could sway him.

That doesn't really mean anything anymore does it? :dontknow:
What matters to the player is how much he's paid and how often he plays.

Walcott's horrendously overrated anyway, there's better options out there.
AxuODm8CMAA9HQf.jpg large.jpg

Maxi's last meal with the boys :frown:

Hope this chat about Theo is BS. The lad is pretty dogger.
Hearing £15m and 100k a week. That would make him one of the top earners at the club which would be complete madness.
Please take Walcott
Walcott would do a good job on the right. Even though I'd prefer him up top. Been crying out for someone with pace on the wing. Fancied Krasic a while back but seems to have failed at Juve...
Original post by Pn94
Isn't Best 3rd choice?

He'd have a hard job being 3rd choice Toon striker when he's now playing for Blackburn :facepalm2:

Gotta give credit to Mike Ashley.

Sells striker to you for £35m. Attempts to loan back for very little & Liverpool paying half his wages. :lol:

I'd still buy him for £17m. £18m loss on a striker is embarrasing.
Reply 2748
Another ****ing PR shambles.

Make Andy feel about as wanted as a bout of thrush on your honeymoon - and in the process put all the power back into NUFCs hands who can pull our pants down again.

Seriously, are we run by ****ing school children?
Original post by L18
Another ****ing PR shambles.

Make Andy feel about as wanted as a bout of thrush on your honeymoon - and in the process put all the power back into NUFCs hands who can pull our pants down again.

Seriously, are we run by ****ing school children?

It's particularly embarrassing when Mike "Sports Direct" Ashley is the one doing the pants pulling as well. :facepalm2:
Original post by DannyBoy123
It's particularly embarrassing when Mike "Sports Direct" Ashley is the one doing the pants pulling as well. :facepalm2:

Say what you like about him. I've called him worse than **** sometimes. But from a business view. He is very very very clever & good.

Making Carroll feel unwanted though was stupid. Took his value right down as clubs now know Liverpool are prepared to sell.

If Newcastle get him back though i won't be complaining. :wink:

Kenny Dalglish was stupid. Never played to his strengths. Newcastle will!
As also noted by someone on the Arsenal thread, the very fact that Walcott is on the pitch makes teams defend deep, and assign two men to cover his runs. This will suit our attacking possession game perfectly, and also give Suarez/Borini/Johnson/the new attacking midfielder more space to work with. The very fact that he's on the pitch gets defenders bricking themselves and should anyone ever try to camp in our half, well, we've got enough decent passers to get Walcott on the run.

His final ball isn't brilliant (neither is Suarez's for that matter), I don't know much about his short passing/link up play, and I don't know how he'd fit into Rodgers' pressing plans, but he'd be ideal for us I think.

Edit: Not sure about 100k per week, but 80k a week would be worth it imo. £15m is fine by me as well.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Straight up G
As also noted by someone on the Arsenal thread, the very fact that Walcott is on the pitch makes teams defend deep, and assign two men to cover his runs. This will suit our attacking possession game perfectly, and also give Suarez/Borini/Johnson/the new attacking midfielder more space to work with. The very fact that he's on the pitch gets defenders bricking themselves and should anyone ever try to camp in our half, well, we've got enough decent passers to get Walcott on the run.

His final ball isn't brilliant (neither is Suarez's for that matter), I don't know much about his short passing/link up play, and I don't know how he'd fit into Rodgers' pressing plans, but he'd be ideal for us I think.

Edit: Not sure about 100k per week, but 80k a week would be worth it imo. £15m is fine by me as well.

To an extent this is true. The problem is that most teams playing Arsenal tend to defend deep anyway, even when we're away. Walcott is painfully predictable and ineffective in this situation, which is 80% of the time. His stats are decent but I can't honestly remember one quality assist he gave in the 10/12 games I was at last year. Even against Spurs he was absolutely **** for 70% of the game and only came into the game after the Spurs defense collapsed. His link up play is OK and he scores a fair amount. But he isn't improving, he's exactly the same as he was when he was 20 and he still expects a pay rise to £100k.

I'd take £15m in a heartbeat.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Zürich
To an extent this is true. The problem is that most teams playing Arsenal tend to defend deep anyway, even when we're away. Walcott is painfully predictable and ineffective in this situation, which is 80% of the time. His stats are decent but I can't honestly remember one quality assist he gave in the 10/12 games I was at last year. Even against Spurs he was absolutely **** for 70% of the game and only came into the game after the Spurs defense collapsed. His link up play is OK and he scores a fair amount. But he isn't improving, he's exactly the same as he was when he was 20 and he still expects a pay rise to £100k.

I'd take £15m in a heartbeat.

I'm not sure whether teams will defend so deep against us, and counter-attack opportunities happen everywhere, look at Man United, they're consistently the best team in the country and yet they've become known for quite a few years as a counter-attacking team, even against lower clubs. Maybe a change of manager will improve that final ball for him. His goals and assists tally have improved massively in his last two seasons compared to before that, so it's probably a bit unfair to say that he hasn't improved, and that's why he wants a pay rise off probably the **** wage that Arsenal gave him 3/4 years ago?

I've just read that he's only got a year left on his contract, so £15m is too much, £10m seems good to me but I doubt Arsenal would sell at that price.
Reply 2754
http://www.lfctour.com/news/reds-depart-for-north-america

Team on tour to North America. 34 altogether, I think the Englishmen who played at the Euros will be away for the first match.
Reply 2755
yes, they'll join the rest in Boston. by the way, why Doni isn't in this team?

edit: thanks for the info
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2756
Original post by AlexL4

He wasn't in the training pics couple of weeks ago.
If Newcastle are coming to us with a loan deal and 'a view to a permanent transfer' then this is Aqua all over again. :facepalm2:

No ****ing way would they buy Carroll next year, not for £17m.

Walcott will only be possible if we manage to sell Joe Cole. And I'm not entirely sure I want Walcott.
Just joined the ACS for the FA Cup for this season :smile: Will probably be all I can make this year, provided the games are at a reasonable time at the weekend. Can't do EL or LC as they're mid-week and can't afford to come for lots of EPL games. Bloody trains :frown:
Original post by AlexL4

edit: thanks for the info

Been wondering this too. Even Brad is sneaking in the training pics but no Doni...

148652230_jp_4791a_35fa586a6279906b0c3b9b7e495d3434.jpg

Latest