The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Let's face it, it'll be a miracle if anyone gets close to zerf. My post count would've been higher had I paid more attention to the thread earlier on in the season :tongue:.

di Matteo will probably get the chelsea job now, so more for us to pick from? lol
Reply 61
Original post by Emmanuel321
Do Liverpool go straight into the group stages now?

Spurs will.

I recently lost interest in TSR/liverpool soc I think, otherwise I could maybe be higher position in the last thread.

We need to keep on posting news from LFC/tabloids regarding Liverpool to keep up with Zerf
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 62
Original post by Stirlo
Let's face it, it'll be a miracle if anyone gets close to zerf. My post count would've been higher had I paid more attention to the thread earlier on in the season :tongue:.

di Matteo will probably get the chelsea job now, so more for us to pick from? lol

This is true. Dominated every thread pretty much! :biggrin:

It'll be interesting to see what Chelsea do this summer. Despite the two cup wins they still need to rebuild. Whether di Matteo is the man to do that, I'm not sure.
Reply 63
Do newcastle get EL now? Considering chelsea are in the CL and we already had europe when we came runners up in the fA cup

If we don't get straight into the group stage when will our qualification start? Late July/early August?
Won a measly £2 on the football so stuck it on Capello for next Liverpool manager at 20/1. Can see it happening tbh thinking about it... Good odds for the logic of him going tbh.
Reply 65
Original post by mr tim
Spurs will.

I recently lost interest in TSR/liverpool soc I think, otherwise I could maybe be higher position in the last thread.

We need to keep on posting news from LFC/tabloids regarding Liverpool to keep up with Zerf

Think we'd have to do more than that really haha
Reply 66
Original post by Stirlo
Do newcastle get EL now? Considering chelsea are in the CL and we already had europe when we came runners up in the fA cup

If we don't get straight into the group stage when will our qualification start? Late July/early August?

Newcastle would have got into EL anyway. Spurs get Group stages for finishing 4th, and takes Chelsea's place after they won FA cup. Newcastle are at Play-offs, for league and we are in 3rd qualifying rounds for winning CC.
Reply 67
Original post by mr tim
Newcastle would have got into EL anyway. Spurs get Group stages for finishing 4th, and takes Chelsea's place after they won FA cup. Newcastle are at Play-offs, for league and we are in 3rd qualifying rounds for winning CC.

Ok thanks! 3rd qualifying round was end of july/early august last year
Reply 68
2nd of August I think it is for us? Only a few days after a friendly game. But it no doubt will be half reserves in the EL game and quite a few changes in the friendly...
Reply 69
Odds on Zerf getting top poster again? Could be a very rich man. :colone:
Reply 70
Is it just me or the CL final didn't even feel like the CL? Seriously everything is so fake and plastic these days.. It doesn't have the same heart it used to. Same with the FA cup.

They should also lift the cup on the ground and not in the stands.

''Only Spurs could lose on a day they aren't even playing."

Honestly this is good news for us, that's one less club to compete with for players because the only thing Spurs could have over us is CL football. Chelsea would have bought whoever they wanted regardless. Torres justified eh :biggrin:
Original post by sofkop
Is it just me or the CL final didn't even feel like the CL? Seriously everything is so fake and plastic these days.. It doesn't have the same heart it used to. Same with the FA cup.

They should also lift the cup on the ground and not in the stands.

''Only Spurs could lose on a day they aren't even playing."

Honestly this is good news for us, that's one less club to compete with for players because the only thing Spurs could have over us is CL football. Chelsea would have bought whoever they wanted regardless. Torres justified eh :biggrin:

I hate the whole going up to the stands to lift the cup too!
Reply 72
My spamming skills are immense and I just post when I'm at work (instead of doing work) :biggrin:

Shame we start our qualifiers so early but I imagine those who are not involved in the Euros/Olympics will play?
Reply 73
Original post by kog
Chelsea fan just popping in here to congratulate you guys on the 4-1 win the other day :P, Still very suprised by the outcome of the FA cup final though, Liverpool seemed the much stronger team in the second half suprised you guys didnt pull it back!

Slightly envious Liverpool fan here to congratulate you guys on your champions league win tonight! Incredible, rode your luck at times throughout but you deserved it!
Reply 74
It's so funny how a few days ago we were talking about signing Elm and Belhanda and now our entire boardroom has been fired including a club legend as manager and we have no idea where we are headed..
Strange times.

Hopefully they appoint someone quickly. I think it's going to be AVB tbh. As much as i'd love it to be Rafa as the saying goes, never go back, it proved right with Dalglish.
It breaks my heart to see Chelsea in the final. Not that I'm bothered about them but when I think back to unbelievable Champions League games I've been to such as 2005, 2007 and 2009 semis vs. Chelsea, the 4-0 drubbing of Madrid and 4-2 against Arsenal, it saddens me not being in the competition :frown:
Reply 76
Just a notice to everyone who uses this thread. Don't bother replying or taking the existance of the user name "lol_this" seriously. He is a waste of space and isn't worth any of our time.
Do not feed the troll. Most people will already know as we are generally a sensible bunch, but just in case.
Reply 77
Original post by Zerforax
My spamming skills are immense and I just post when I'm at work (instead of doing work) :biggrin:

Shame we start our qualifiers so early but I imagine those who are not involved in the Euros/Olympics will play?

Get me a job :colondollar:

Also surely like 90% of our team will be in a competition?
We will probs just be playing reserves. Probs not even people like Coates.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 78
We have approached Rafa

If this is true you know he will come back. I think whether it's him or AVB it's looking good.
Reply 79
Don't think it's true unfortunately....probably just did it to get hits on the website.

Latest