The Student Room Group

The Liverpool FC Thread VIII

Welcome to the 8th edition of the Liverpool FC thread.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted to be untouchable.
My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until everyone would have to submit, give in.

Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory,
and who built up a family of people who can raise their heads up high and say 'We are Liverpool'.

- Bill Shankly

You'll Never Walk Alone

Spoiler

Fixture/Results 2012-2013

Spoiler

Liverpool Related Content

Spoiler

Liverpool Prediction League

Spoiler

Old Thread Stat/Links

Spoiler

(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by So Instinct

I lol'd.
Reply 2
Original post by DaveSmith99
I lol'd.

Damn you I was still considering it =P
Original post by So Instinct
Damn you I was still considering it =P

I couldn't help myself :tongue:
Reply 4
Original post by DaveSmith99
I couldn't help myself :tongue:

I made it too easy. I could smell some irony in it too.
Reply 5
It's looking pretty good now. :smile:
Reply 6
Chelsea fan just popping in here to congratulate you guys on the 4-1 win the other day :P, Still very suprised by the outcome of the FA cup final though, Liverpool seemed the much stronger team in the second half suprised you guys didnt pull it back!
Reply 7
Previous thread links don't work.
Reply 8
Original post by Gob Bluth
Previous thread links don't work.

Working on it.
Yo we should have a prediction league like in one of the other threads
Reply 10
Original post by MartinKellyisagod
Yo we should have a prediction league like in one of the other threads

Good plan :yep:
Subbed

Who do you guys want as the new manager, given it's unlikely Rafa will be it now? AVB, Martinez or someone else?
Reply 12
Subbed. AvB is probably the most likely right now IMO. Would prefer him to Martinez obviously.
Reply 13
Bonjourno.

Would prefer AvB to Martinez. Wish it were Rafa. We shall see....
Reply 14
AVB for sure - he did brilliantly for Porto, whilst Martinez was fighting for relegation a couple of seasons. Yes Martinez has possibly done well for Swansea but I think it was at a lower league.

AVB wasn't really suited for Chelsea, but that doesn't mean he'll won't be suited for us.

But of course, I'll back whichever manager we get.
I don't reckon Martinez will get it tbh.

I reckon it will either be AVB or some outsider who is not in the running that no one has really thought about.
Reply 16
Subbed. :colone:

AVB would be my first choice.
Reply 17
Out of the options which seem more likely I'd prefer AVB
Subbed :biggrin: :h:

Next manager hmmm.... I would like Rafa and I would be willing to give AVB a go. Martinez however, I think he would be too much of a risk; and the last time we went for a lower down the table manager it didn't end great.....
Subbed.

I don't think AVB is given enough credit. He's a good manager who is very young. He has fresh ideas that could positively influence Liverpool.

Latest