Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Aqa drama gcse.

Announcements Posted on
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey y'all. Just being officious and I've just taken the AQA Drama GCSE 18th May 2012 paper. (Well yesterday). Anyhow, I'm just curious if any one else here did it? Our class did it last year as well, and about 70-75% of the class achieved D - U's, and the majority of the country also obtained disreputable grades?

P.S - A* for the practical was ~94%! Doesn't that seem infeasible and inapt for a GCSE?

Thoughts?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I did it, how did you find the paper? The grade boundaries are really confusing me because the mark for an A* have been between 160-170ish for the past few years but last year it increased to 180, I think I might be missing something... http://store.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pd...UND-JUNE11.PDF - http://store.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pd...UND-JUNE10.PDF Are the 2011 ones not scaled or something? I don't understand how the paper is so harshly marked, but I got a D in my mock as well despite getting A-A*'s in my other subjects.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    Apparently they are scaled. I thought it was a precarious exam in such that you can never determine whether you've achieved a A* ~ D.

I thought it went okay, and the same for me. I'm an A* - A student in my other subjects, yet this one ins unequivocally more strenuous and difficult. I personally think it's difficult to somehow deter people from opting for it? I know it sounds ludicrous, but that's exam-logic. ^^
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Oh I took it as well...
    I think it's unfair that you could get an A* practically but get a low mark overall for the writing.
    Plus the timings are stupid :/
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amber206)
    Oh I took it as well...
    I think it's unfair that you could get an A* practically but get a low mark overall for the writing.
    Plus the timings are stupid :/
    Hey, how did you do in the end? I've got mine tomorrow - not a fan of this exam, I must say.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thelyphron)
    Hey, how did you do in the end? I've got mine tomorrow - not a fan of this exam, I must say.
    Got an A in the end - 5UMS of an A* :/
    If I could recommend - look at every markscheme available to get an idea of what they want. I did that for AS drama and got full UMS. It's rather worrying that AS was easier than GCSE, but there you go.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 22, 2013
New on TSR

GCSE results day

Waiting for your grades? Let off some steam in our results chat megathread

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.