The Student Room Group

OCR Gateway Biology 2012 B1 B2 B3

Anyone have the exam on Monday 21st May!Im really scared!!:s

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
yep i hate how the mark scheme is so specific always costs me bs marks
Anyone have a list???? I'm self teaching and want to be as confident as possible!! :frown:
i'm so nervous! what do you think the grade boundaries will be guys?
Out of 75 I'm guessing at 65 an A* :P
Reply 5
[QUOTE="sunshinebeem;37651189"]i'm so nervous! what do you think the grade boundaries will be guys?[/QUOTE
Errrmm hopefully its at least 50 for A*!scared about the 6 mark questions though!:frown:
Reply 6
Guys where can I find the only past paper for this. Jan 2012 biology. Also my teacher said because its a new spec the grade boundaries are going to be around 49 mark. :colondollar:
Really?!?! 49 marks!!!!!! That is shockingly low, but I'm not complaining!!! :biggrin: I hopefully have an A* then :biggrin:
Reply 8
helping my brother with this spec's specimen paper, did anyone else find question 10.a (about the different appearances of animals on an island compared to the mainland) awkward? I'm only asking because if loads of people get it wrong the grade boundary is easier...
It's geographical isolation... So the animals on the island could be big due to the fact that the island could be cold and they need a smaller surface area to volume ratio to keep warm... And then they could be smaller as there isn't enough food for larger organisms to survive... The ones that do pass on these genes... :smile:
Reply 10
I know, but did you get that first off? XP my brother got zero, and I only got 2 or 3 of the points, (although I did a different boards biology gcse, I am doing it at a level)
So tell me guys, how did you do in the january exam ? :P i got an A but i feel like i've gone downhill since then :s-smilie:
So how did it go?

I found it slightly difficult because of the new format. Does anyone have an unofficial mark scheme?
Original post by asiandude55
Guys where can I find the only past paper for this. Jan 2012 biology. Also my teacher said because its a new spec the grade boundaries are going to be around 49 mark. :colondollar:

Are you saying it'll be around 49 marks for an A*? :smile:
Well I think it was okay... But apparently because I wrote messages to the examiner which were:
1) I really need and want an A*... Etc.
2) why are you asking me a pointless maths question?
3) this is an a level answer more marks?
4) I dont know.if I'm right but here is a nice picture of a heart (and drew a fully labelled heart)

Shall we make an unofficial mark.scheme?
I think I have a minimum of 60... :frown:
What did you get for the question about ratios?
The therapeutic ratios?
75,000 and then 5000
Original post by shadab786ahmed
The therapeutic ratios?
75,000 and then 5000

Yep, that one. I did 750/15=50
But I was told I should've multiplied it by 100! :angry:
Which drug did you decide was the worst one- heroin, cannabis or cocaine (I think it was these three but correct me if I'm wrong)
Reply 19
Original post by bobbricks
Yep, that one. I did 750/15=50
But I was told I should've multiplied it by 100! :angry:
Which drug did you decide was the worst one- heroin, cannabis or cocaine (I think it was these three but correct me if I'm wrong)

Oh nooo!:frown: I worte 50,i forgot to x100 :angry: what did you put for the very last question?

Quick Reply

Latest