Describing DNA Replication [3]
Graph questions about growth [4]
What happens to the lactic acid from anaerobic respiration [2]
Holes in the heart [3]
How mutations can affect the protein made [6]
Why survivors of the Hiroshima bombings should be examined [2]
Filling in spaces about cloning [2]
Why a body cell cannot be used for cloning [2]

The last one was 1 mark... But I think Hiroshima might be three... But I know body cell was one.
I really struggled with the graph question and the last part of that question was difficult for me!!
Original post by shadab786ahmed
The last one was 1 mark... But I think Hiroshima might be three... But I know body cell was one.

Really? I'm fairly sure the last one was two marks :s-smilie: but I'll change it in case I'm wrong :wink:
Original post by ghost_rebel
I really struggled with the graph question and the last part of that question was difficult for me!!

What was the last part of the question again? (I can't remember) :smile:
Original post by rosii
My estimation is that A* will be 65% - we did a mock using the proper grade boundries for the specimen paper and 55% was an A.

Do you know the actual percentage or marks from the specimen paper you did to get an A* ?
We didn't do the specimen but I really want to find out the grade boundaries:smile:
Does anyone know the grade boundaries at least from the specimen paper
Also what did you put for fats and heart related question?
(edited 11 years ago)
Why is there an unofficial mark scheme for every exam but this one!

When is the mark scheme coming out?
65%... Is less than 50 marks... :O

Are you sure it actually is 65%
Original post by VNTaurusAngel97
Do you know the actual percentage or marks from the specimen paper you did to get an A* ?
We didn't do the specimen but I really want to find out the grade boundaries:smile:

There are no grade boundaries for the specimen paper since it was not an official exam paper sat by students, like us. It was created to provide an idea of what the actual exam will be like, which explains why there are several errors in the mark scheme. :smile:
Are you sure it actually is 65%

I never said it was, but I just worked out how many marks it would work out... Unlikely imo
I never said it was, but I just worked out how many marks it would work out... Unlikely imo

What do you think the grade boundaries will be then? :smile:
It may not be as unlikely as you think- in January, 46/75 marks were needed for an A* for the B1, B2 and B3 exam which is 61%!
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by bobbricks
What do you think the grade boundaries will be then? :smile:
It may not be as unlikely as you think- in January, 46/75 marks were needed for an A* for the B1, B2 and B3 exam which is 61%!

Wow!!! GCSEs are most definitely not a measure of intelligence then sorry... It doesn't differentiate between candidates... I think it should be at least 60... But... More realistically about 55?
January Series
A* boundaries
Biology 46/75
Chemistry 52/75
Physics 44/75
Science 45/75 Modules 1
January Series
A* boundaries
Biology 46/75
Chemistry 52/75
Physics 44/75
Science 45/75 Modules 1

Thanks for the help guys!
In all honesty I don't think the grade boundaries will be much different from what they were in January:biggrin:
Lets hope we all do well!
Anyway did you guys do the resit?
Or is it just that your school decided to do the exams in May?
For me we had to do the exam in May because our school didn't type the code of the exam correctly and technically we had dates of exams given from the old spec- which we were not supposed to do (my top set is doing the new spec)
One of our teachers realised the code was wrong and changed it just on time but we missed the date of the biology exam
So we had to do the exam in May which for us not a resit
Anyway did you guys do the resit?
Or is it just that your school decided to do the exams in May?
For me we had to do the exam in May because our school didn't type the code of the exam correctly and technically we had dates of exams given from the old spec- which we were not supposed to do (my top set is doing the new spec)
One of our teachers realised the code was wrong and changed it just on time but we missed the date of the biology exam
So we had to do the exam in May which for us not a resit

First time, no resits :biggrin: chemistry exam today was so easy!!?? :biggrin:
First time, no resits :biggrin: chemistry exam today was so easy!!?? :biggrin:

I agree- I found it MUCH easier than the Biology exam!
I have created a new thread on this:

OCR Gateway Chemistry 24th May 2012 C1 C2 C3:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2011157&p=37736746#post37736746
Reply 119
Original post by bobbricks
I agree- I found it MUCH easier than the Biology exam!
I have created a new thread on this:

OCR Gateway Chemistry 24th May 2012 C1 C2 C3:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2011157&p=37736746#post37736746

Same! I don't get how some people really struggled with it,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending