The Student Room Group

What are your worst nightmares regarding exams?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
having some idiot sit in front of you and turn around to face you and starts smiling......
gosh-nearly once happened aswell.
I had a dream where I got my English language paper back for some reason before results day and I there were loads of 6 mark questions I hadn't done :O
Reply 82
Finishing the exam early like a boss, checking through it many times and, in the last 10 seconds of the exam, realising you've done a whole fat question completely and utterly wrong.
Had a dream the other night that I'd just finished a politics exam, and was asking the head if I'd addressed the question in the right sort of way, and he said "to be honest, what you write is totally irrelevant; they tend to judge it on handwriting these days" :colonhash:
Reply 84
Today in one of my exams, I spilt water on the paper, dropped my pen and it rolled away under someone's chair, and felt really dizzy because it was really hot and I had a headache and they wouldn't put the air conditioning on. My worst nightmare came true.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by im so fresh
One of my worst nightmares would be to have a 9 AM exam and wake up at 11:30 AM. I wouldn't know what to do in that situation lol.

Or waking up and forgetting you have an exam in an hour... .
May this never happen.

Failing. Ohh god two exams tomorrow :O
Reply 86
Original post by Junaid96
Failing. Ohh god two exams tomorrow :O

Good Luck!!
You'll do great :smile:
on Tuesday i woke up at 8am and exam was at 9am. I got up, put school clothes on, washed my hair in the sink, took and apple and two oranges, ran to the bus eating my oranges looking like a weirdo, and i managed to get on the bus at 8:25am. I was so proud :smile: oh btw, when i woke up i **** myself.
Reply 88
I couldn't find the car keys today for like five miniutes, I panicked.
Original post by berryripple
Had a dream the other night that I'd just finished a politics exam, and was asking the head if I'd addressed the question in the right sort of way, and he said "to be honest, what you write is totally irrelevant; they tend to judge it on handwriting these days" :colonhash:

I would fail everything, in that case :biggrin:
Reply 90
The usual: pen running out, getting in late, turning up to the wrong exam, finding out you've been entered for the wrong exam, etc. But some things happened to people during my GCSEs that I'd regard as being nightmare-inducing, too:

During my English Language exam, the boy at the table to the left of mine was fast asleep. Seriously. The invigilators didn't even bother to wake him up; they must have thought he was doing it for a laugh or something. Anyway, he woke up at the end, and I heard him chatting to his mates as we were coming out of the sports hall. Their conversation went something like this:

Boy (I've forgotten his name :colondollar:): Well, that was a waste of time. I just slept through that.
Friends: You did what?
Boy: I slept.
Friends: Why the hell did you do that? It's, like, the English exam.
Boy: Wait...the real exam?
Friends: Uh huh.
Boy: So this isn't the mock?

Needless to say, he got a U. And resat.

Another incident happened to another boy in my year. Anyone who did AQA Biology, Chemistry and/or Physics knows the joy of the multiple choice exams, where the Foundation Tier's on one side and the Higher Tier's on the other. Yeah, you know where this is going. Five minutes before the end of the exam the boy realised he was answering the questions on the wrong side of the paper and burst into tears. It's a silly mistake to make, but part of me wonders whether it's a pretty common one, too. I always triple-checked after that incident; I felt really sorry for him :frown:
Reply 91
I think nearly all of AS have finished their exams. Lucky people!
well here comes the brick train named A2.
Reply 92
Well, I was really worried for my RE exam today as in one of the mocks I got Judas and Jesus mixed up at the end when I was in a rush. Didn't have time to check my paper todays...:argh:
Reply 93
In January during the resit/A2 module period I had an exam-stress dream in which I went to collect my results from my head of sixth who told me I had failed everything and the only place for me was on a toilet cleaning course. I went to the toilet cleaning course (was in a lecture hall that looked EXACTLY like one of the medicine lecture halls at Nottingham Uni where I went for a Law Workshop Conference in yr12) and the lecturer was my dog (a really dumb chocolate lab) wearing a cap and gown and bottle-top glasses.

So weird. But also hilarious - relieved my exam stress quite nicely for a day or so :biggrin:
Reply 94
But currently my worst nightmare for the upcoming A2 exams is that the papers will be made up of really tough questions on the one thing I didn't revise/know how to answer :/
Question 1: Prove that X^n + Y^n = Z^n has no whole number solutions when n is greater than 2.
Reply 96
Original post by kittyb99
Opening the paper, and despite having revised the whole course, thinking "what?"

What generally happens to me in exams.
Reply 97

Reading the wrong article for an English language exam! and realizing 30minutes before the exam after answering a whole 2 out of 4 questions :/
stomach making stupid noises!!!!
Reply 99
Thinking you've done really well and logging onto The Student Room later that day and realise it actually went horribly wrong...
Story of my life tbh ...:s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest