The Student Room Group

AS/A level Macdeonian Studies? Is it respected.

Hi,

I am considering taking AS/A level Macedonian Studies. Is it respected?

My college is 1 of 2 colleges in the UK that does it and the exam board I've never heard of (IHSS - International House of Secondary Studies). Apparently if I study Macedonian Studies I can apply to any University as it is an International AS/A level.

The type of questions I have found in past papers are about historic events, tourism and capital states - also Macedonian politics. Should I take it?

My AS/A levels are; Film Studies; Travel & Tourism; Performance Studies

I want to study Law and Oxford and I have 8 Bs at GCSE. Is this a realistic option? :biggrin: Thanks in advance.
Reply 1
If you want to study law at Oxford you'd be better off choosing an academic subject - preferably English Lit or History.
I'm really sorry, but unless you have exenuating circumstances or an amazing interview, 8Bs and those A/AS levels won't be nearly enough for Oxford. The majority of people who apply have mostly A*s, and at least on if not all 'core' subjects like Maths and History.

You can still do other good subjects of course, but I would really recommend a well respected A-Level if you still have the choice.

P.S. Macedonian Studies actually sounds awesome, it's just universities don't see it that way :frown:
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending