The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Yes I do.

Hahaha sorry if this sounds really douchey, it's just started to really bother me and I'm noticing it more and more!

She probably doesnt even realise shes doing it, especially if she thinks you're as pretty as she says... she probably doesn't realise you still want that affirmation! I wouldn't worry about it too much!
Reply 21
Original post by Anonymous
Lol that would be a good suggestion if I ever actually complained about this out loud. I do know it's a really petty thing to be annoyed about, but that's why they call it 'irrational' and that's why I'm posting anonymously on a message board.

Listen...are you fit? If yes, then who cares...loads of guys would shag you
Reply 22
Original post by kirstyy93
Hmm, maybe she just doesn't think she needs to if she's your best friend, if that makes any sense aha. Youll probably find she does compliment you, but to other people. Like none of my friends actually directly compliment me, but every now and then I find out someone has but to my other friends. Last week my friend told a couple other of my friends that I had amazing legs, but she never actually told me :P

I don't know if any of that makes sense, but maybe she gets embarrassed about it?

Yeahh probably, thanks anyways!

Original post by Jellybean91
She probably doesnt even realise shes doing it, especially if she thinks you're as pretty as she says... she probably doesn't realise you still want that affirmation! I wouldn't worry about it too much!

Yeah I really don't think she realises she's doing it, and yeah maybe because she's already done it in term 1 she feels like it's enough and now it's someone else's 'turn' haha. Thanks for your responses, just going to ignore it from now on and try not to get bothered by it :smile:
Reply 23
1. Why are you still hanging out with that person?
2. Do you need their compliments?

If you don't love yourself (which you obviously don't if you're still hanging out with them) no-one ever will.
Original post by TurboCretin
The **** that goes on in girl land...

Ahahahahahahahahahah +1
Just a thought, but have you considered simply asking her, in a very non confrontational way, why she has stopped complimenting you? And if she really is as good a friend as you say, it seems to me she would be able to answer you in a way that would at least stop your confusion. and since you say she's not spiteful, hopefully she would do it in a kind way. And let me be the first to say-I'm sorry that you are experiencing this. I know firsthand what it's like to feel excluded or singled out in a group of what is supposed to be close friends. you should not have to feel this way and you certainly don't deserve it. I hope to hear back what has happened and I wish you courage. and just for the record, I may not know, you but you are beautiful inside and out.Stay strong.
I see what you are saying. I have a best friend who never compliments me ever but likes to insult me instead, mainly part of our humour but over time she has told me she thinks I'm an attractive girl also more insecure than me.p.s. not my words. Next time your friend compliments you just ask them in a humorous way... for example.. our Shelia's getting some loving over here, where mine?
Maybe she’s just jealous of how pretty u are lol

Latest

Trending

Trending