Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

People who benefit under Labour classed as "unlucky" and "vulnerable"

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I can't think of anybody more troll-like than Billydisco. Do people really hold those views? Or, as I suspect, he is purely somebody trying to be a little rebellious with his views.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beebumble)
    If they need help yes but in the end no one will need help to get out of poverty because it simply won't exist.
    Hang on, two adults with no kids will benefit from a Labour policy of ending child poverty.... how?
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tulley11)
    I can't think of anybody more troll-like than Billydisco. Do people really hold those views? Or, as I suspect, he is purely somebody trying to be a little rebellious with his views.
    Why dont you actually SPECIFICALLY state what is wrong with my views?

Let me guess, you're one of those people who think people receiving benefits have the right to have more kids and more benefit money? Quite frankly, I cannot see how people could ever have this view- yet they do.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prog2djent)
    ^ Not farage, I mean that tit he is debating, some Labour peer with another speech impediment which makes his politispeak more annoying than it is.
    I would love to see Scotland become independent and see Farage and Hannan in a Tory cabinet which could completely sort out England after Labour's mess which destroyed this country.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by billydisco)
    Hang on, two adults with no kids will benefit from a Labour policy of ending child poverty.... how?
    :facepalm: Do you ever properly read anything! The way to end child poverty is to eradicate poverty altogether. How are you not getting this?
    • 56 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tulley11)
    herp derp, "he doesn't share the same views as me - troll"
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    :facepalm: Do you ever properly read anything! The way to end child poverty is to eradicate poverty altogether. How are you not getting this?
    You're the one who isn't reading my messages properly. Lets try again:

Two couples:

A poor couple with kids
    A poor couple with no kids

How does Labour's policy of no child being in poverty help the lives of the second couple, who have no kids?

(I am referring to Labour's policy being started WHILST these four adults are adults....)
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    You're the one who isn't reading my messages properly. Lets try again:

Two couples:

A poor couple with kids
    A poor couple with no kids

How does Labour's policy of no child being in poverty help the lives of the second couple, who have no kids?

(I am referring to Labour's policy being started WHILST these four adults are adults....)
    Because whilst the poor couple do not have kids now they may have them in the future. Therefore everyone in poverty now is helped to get out of their situation so if they do one day decide to have kids the child will not be born into poverty.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Because whilst the poor couple do not have kids now they may have them in the future.
    You're picking straws.

I am asking how a couple who do not have kids and never have kids, who are poor, benefit under Labour's child poverty policy.

Can you please tell me? This couple never have kids

(If you're struggling, there is a reason why I am asking this and it's a little obvious)
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    You're picking straws.

I am asking how a couple who do not have kids and never have kids, who are poor, benefit under Labour's child poverty policy.

Can you please tell me? This couple never have kids

(If you're struggling, there is a reason why I am asking this and it's a little obvious)
    I've told you over and over and over!

Labour's policy was no child would be in poverty or be born into poverty. How do you make sure no child is born into poverty? Make sure there is no poverty for them to be born into. How do you make sure there is no poverty to be born into? Get everyone out of poverty.

If you still don't understand this don't bother wasting my time anymore because you're either a troll, very stupid or both.
    • 56 followers

ReputationRep:
    x
    Do you think teenage mothers should receive state-funded help?
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iron Lady)
    Do you think teenage mothers should receive state-funded help?
    Depends on if they need it. Teen mothers who are 16+ should be entitled to the same things all mothers are entitled to. If they are under 16 their guardians should be treated as the guardian of the child also so child benefit should go to them any thing income assessed is based on their income and not the mother.
    • 56 followers

ReputationRep:
    Depends on if they need it. Teen mothers who are 16+ should be entitled to the same things all mothers are entitled to. If they are under 16 their guardians should be treated as the guardian of the child also so child benefit should go to them any thing income assessed is based on their income and not the mother.
    Do you believe measures should be put in place to stop teenage pregnancy?
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Do you believe measures should be put in place to stop teenage pregnancy?
    What kind of measures? If you're talking about stopping any kind of support for a child born out of teen pregnancy then no I'm not up for that because no matter what the mother has done it's not the child's fault and most teen pregnancies come out of recklessness and not realising the cost and hard work babies are so it wouldn't really bring the rate of teen pregnancy down.

Of course I think teen pregnancy should be prevented but looking at other countries the only thing that seems to work is decent sex education. The pill and condoms are already available for free maybe teenagers need to be made more aware of that (there are some right idiots out there) and be made aware that 'the morning after pill' can be used after the morning after! Then maybe give 14 year olds a fake baby to look after.
    • 56 followers

ReputationRep:
    What kind of measures? If you're talking about stopping any kind of support for a child born out of teen pregnancy then no I'm not up for that because no matter what the mother has done it's not the child's fault and most teen pregnancies come out of recklessness and not realising the cost and hard work babies are so it wouldn't really bring the rate of teen pregnancy down.

Of course I think teen pregnancy should be prevented but looking at other countries the only thing that seems to work is decent sex education. The pill and condoms are already available for free maybe teenagers need to be made more aware of that (there are some right idiots out there) and be made aware that 'the morning after pill' can be used after the morning after! Then maybe give 14 year olds a fake baby to look after.
    The thing that baffles me is the fact that they are unable to comprehend that unprotected sex (or if the contraception is ineffective...) = possible pregnancy = responsibility. Or if they are against abortion on 'religious grounds' but are fine with pre-marital sex.

My suggestions:
    1) Better sex education (even though it is worrying that people cannot get to grips with it)
    2) End peer pressure to have sex at ridiculously young ages, e.g. the dreaded word 'frigid' towards anyone who stands their ground and waits
    3) Stop the generous welfare
    4) Under 16s to get criminal records
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    The thing that baffles me is the fact that they are unable to comprehend that unprotected sex (or if the contraception is ineffective...) = possible pregnancy = responsibility. Or if they are against abortion on 'religious grounds' but are fine with pre-marital sex.

My suggestions:
    1) Better sex education (even though it is worrying that people cannot get to grips with it)
    2) End peer pressure to have sex at ridiculously young ages, e.g. the dreaded word 'frigid' towards anyone who stands their ground and waits
    3) Stop the generous welfare
    4) Under 16s to get criminal records
    I agree to have unprotected sex and then not think of the consequences is pretty stupid and reckless. If you've been having unprotected sex with someone you hardly know and don't know the sexual history of and only escaped with an unwanted pregnancy then you're pretty lucky (of course not all unwanted pregnancies come about that way)!

Sex education should also involve the consequences of unprotected sex. We all know what it can lead to but what happens after that. They probably need to be shown what life is like for a teenage mother and someone living with HIV.

Peer pressure should be stopped of course but unfortunately there's not much that can be done about what kids discuss in the playground.

'Generous' welfare isn't all that generous it's just people don't realise this. If someone under 16 gets pregnant and kicked out they are placed into foster care. If they are over 16 and really have nowhere to go as in nowhere they will be housed by the council but often only in a B&B or a hostel. I don't think teenage mothers get tax credits for their child either (at least they never used to) and babies cost an absurd amount of money! You stand to lose far more then you gain by having a baby.

Giving sexually active under 16's a criminal record seems more hassle then it's worth. Let's face it if someone's not going to stop and think about the prospect of a baby or a life threatening disease I doubt the thought of a criminal record will stop them either.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    I am not trolling

How do you make sure there is no poverty to be born into? Get everyone out of poverty.
    So you admit Labour were giving something for nothing. Have some money and do nothing in return?

Why should everyone be out of poverty when some people do absolutely nothing to contribute to society (and are physically able to)?
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:

How would sex education make an idiot realise how expensive a baby is?

The reason why so many teenagers have kids is because there is no deterrent. Thanks to Labour they'll get a cushty nice house all paid for, dentist- paid for, prescriptions- paid for.... etc.

Reduce benefits and you'd soon see the number of teenage pregnancies drop!
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    If they are over 16 and really have nowhere to go as in nowhere they will be housed by the council but often only in a B&B or a hostel. I don't think teenage mothers get tax credits for their child either (at least they never used to)
    Wrong. They get a house as soon as one is available. They get a house for free when their neighbours are paying a mortgage for the same type of property....
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I am not trolling

So you admit Labour were giving something for nothing. Have some money and do nothing in return?

Why should everyone be out of poverty when some people do absolutely nothing to contribute to society (and are physically able to)?
    There's a difference between poverty and living on the breadline.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 27, 2012
New on TSR

£50 in vouchers up for grabs!!!

Post a fun fact and quote in a member to win!

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.