Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

M91 - Francois Hollande Congratulations Motion

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    M91 - Francois Hollande Congratulations Motion, TSR Labour
    This House congratulates Francois Hollande on being elected the President of France and his inauguration. We hope that Francois Hollande's economic plan for France will help to improve the current economic climate in Europe. We also send our most sincere commiserations to Nicolas Sarkozy and his UMP for being narrowly defeated at the final stage.

This House also encourages collaboration and dialogue on numerous issues such as the future of the economic crisis in Europe and the world as a whole between Hollande and the Prime Minister, as well as between their respective governments.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Aye!
    • 49 followers

ReputationRep:
    I agree with all of this except the sentence regarding the economic plan. This House should be congratulating him and that is it. I will be voting no on this issue.
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    This has to stop.

Motions are being produced for everything now - its ridiculous!

For that reason its a Nay, and I propose party leaders stop this.
    • 35 followers

ReputationRep:
    Surely more of a statement than a motion.

Aye however although while i believe he will get his 75% tax rate, he will submit to the German austerity pact, the best he can hope for are growth policies to be an add on.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MacCuishy)
    This has to stop.

What would you propose as a suitable subject for a motion?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Aye! Finally some hope for economic recovery in Europe.
    • 49 followers

ReputationRep:
    This has to stop.

I can assure you that the Government is encouraging motions rather than Bills from our parties. I am hoping to have a treaty or two to put before the House and there are some Bills being discussed. We will take your opinions on board though so that we can have more Bill debates.
    • 49 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davidmarsh01)
    You've missed his point david. He wants Bills and not Motions.

(Original post by stanlas)
    Aye! Finally some hope for economic recovery in Europe.
    Or rather an exacerbation of the crisis. Hollande's economic plans will reduce tax income from the rich; increase state spending on reduced tax receipts and lead to increased debt for the French. That will only lead to greater problems.
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations but mentioning the economic plans went a step too far.

President Hollande has shifted the debate towards Growth.
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well not congratulating somebody on their election victory in RL in France, which are totally irrelevant to TSR issues.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toronto353)
    You've missed his point david. He wants Bills and not Motions.
    I'm not sure that's what he was meaning to be honest.
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure that's what he was meaning to be honest.
    Yes it was. We need to create more Bills!
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well not congratulating somebody on their election victory in RL in France, with totally irrelevant TSR issues.
    It isn't totally irrelevant. We can't totally remove ourselves into a totally different little "TSR world". The TSR MHoC is inexplicably linked with RL issues, and to say this is totally irrelevant is ridiculous. Our bills and motions will always be shaped by RL issues, we can't totally remove ourselves.

Yes it was. We need to create more Bills!
    Oh come off it - I suspect you meant what I thought you meant and when you saw toronto had thought you meant we need more bills you thought you'd go with that to try and make me look stupid. Either way, you're not exactly clear in your first post.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think that this motion should have been produced in French with a translation.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    No. We should just congratulate him on receiving the job, not go into his economic differences and plans.
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    It isn't totally irrelevant. We can't totally remove ourselves into a totally different little "TSR world". The TSR MHoC is inexplicably linked with RL issues, and to say this is totally irrelevant is ridiculous. Our bills and motions will always be shaped by RL issues, we can't totally remove ourselves.
    But the French Presidential elections? Really?
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh come off it - I suspect you meant what I thought you meant and when you saw toronto had thought you meant we need more bills you thought you'd go with that to try and make me look stupid. Either way, you're not exactly clear in your first post.
    Yes, it's all a conspiracy :congrats:
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    But the French Presidential elections? Really?
    Yep, really. It isn't exactly unimportant.

Yes, it's all a conspiracy :congrats:
    I'm not saying that, I'm just saying you're looking for an easy way to get out of trying to explain yourself.
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm not saying that, I'm just saying you're looking for an easy way to get out of trying to explain yourself.
    I would support a motion for example proposing some kind of bill later on but just saying things like this one does is basically a statement.
Updated: May 24, 2012
New on TSR
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.