The Student Room Group

Went over the word count by 65 word - worried about penalty

Scroll to see replies

Definitely wait and see what your tutor says. Like some have said, many universities allow a 10% eiherside leeway, though unfortunately, others, like my own, impose penalities for evn a single word over. Ours take of 2 marks for anthing over the word count, and 4 marks for anything over 10%. I hope it's okay for you. Maybe as there is no info for anything under 10% over, it means it will be :smile:
Reply 21
Even if it's a hard copy if it's written on a PC it could be easily counted.
Reply 22
Original post by Architecture-er
Not an issue in the slightest - even if they cared (which they wouldn't) they'd have no way of accurately counting.

It's only in place to stop people gaining an unfair advantage by writing in excess, hence some uni's have -/+ a percentage of the total word count.

edit: read your update.. next time don't own up to such a small discrepancy! All it does is force the tutors to go through the hoops to make sure it's ok :lol:. Maybe you'll net additional marks for honesty :teehee:

Here's hoping!
Tutor got back to me again (he's such a star) and said that he asked the chair of examiners and he said that there'd be no penalty for such a minor infringement!
So happy.
Original post by sundogs
Here's hoping!
Tutor got back to me again (he's such a star) and said that he asked the chair of examiners and he said that there'd be no penalty for such a minor infringement!
So happy.

Glad to hear that :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending