The Student Room Group

OCR MEI Statistics 1 (S1)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Left revision far too late and couldn't answer half of the questions.
Facepalm.
Reply 41
Original post by nicknickmac
Did anyone else get about 850cm^3 for the standard deviation of the engine size? x

yep 849 for s.d

and 1800 something for mean

For hypothesis testing anyone get crit region {4,5,6,7,8,9,10....18}? so reject h0?
any thoughts on grade boundaries :frown:
Original post by dayofs
yep 849 for s.d

and 1800 something for mean

For hypothesis testing anyone get crit region {4,5,6,7,8,9,10....18}? so reject h0?

yay. had massive problems with finding Sxx before the exam :colondollar: erm i got that you reject H0 but did it ask for the critical region? x
ye reject h0 !! did people get that there were outliers at the upper end but none at the lower end
ye i got 0.009 something for the last question.. there were 10 possibilities!!!
Reply 46
Original post by sreddy17
ye reject h0 !! did people get that there were outliers at the upper end but none at the lower end

Yep, i got my upper fence to be 3200something and my lower on the be 240something
Reply 47
I answered all the questions but idk if I did it right!
That's what I hate about stats, you can think you're on the right lines and getting the answer and the mark scheme has something totally different :tongue:
I hope I did okay :smile:
Reply 48
Wait was the standard deviation not 500 and something and the mean was like 1029 or something?? Omg must of made an error? :/ I thought the paper was okay though anyone making a mark scheme? Also, I got 0.00939 or something like that for the last question :smile:
Reply 49
Original post by alex7892
Wait was the standard deviation not 500 and something and the mean was like 1029 or something?? Omg must of made an error? :/ I thought the paper was okay though anyone making a mark scheme? Also, I got 0.00939 or something like that for the last question :smile:

I think I got the same as you for the SD and mean but I can't really remember to be honest, I don't know what I got for the last question because I did all the questions in different orders :tongue:
Reply 50
Original post by nicknickmac
yay. had massive problems with finding Sxx before the exam :colondollar: erm i got that you reject H0 but did it ask for the critical region? x

nope, I just have the habit of doing it! dont worry
I put accept H0 instead of H1 because I didn't realise you could accept H1. I know i got all other working correct, except I said you reject H0 if the answer is higher than the sig level. Would I only lose 1 mark?

Btw does anyone have any idea what the grade boundaries will be like?
Reply 52
Original post by timincognito
I put accept H0 instead of H1 because I didn't realise you could accept H1. I know i got all other working correct, except I said you reject H0 if the answer is higher than the sig level. Would I only lose 1 mark?

Btw does anyone have any idea what the grade boundaries will be like?

Normally in the ms you could lose 1 for not saying there is enough/not enough evidence to reject H0 and a right conclusion which in this case is rejecting H0 so you could lose 2 out of 8.

In my school half found it hard and half found it quite normal. So grade boundary could be low. Let's us hope so:biggrin:
Reply 53
Original post by m rowe29
Yep, i got my upper fence to be 3200something and my lower on the be 240something

around the same, so the upper extereme is at 5000 which is more than 3200 so we can conclude there is an outliers !
what did people get for the population one with 8%... for i) did u guys just do 0.92x0.92x0.08
Reply 55
what did people get for the population one with 8%... for i) did u guys just do 0.92x0.92x0.08

Yep same for the first part, nnot qute sure what was the question for the first part
Reply 56

I did that :smile:
I couldn't think of any other possibilities so I left it as that :tongue:
Original post by dayofs
Yep same for the first part, nnot qute sure what was the question for the first part

prob that first person to use the browser is the third one
Reply 58

Yeah I did that! :biggrin:

And for the mean and SD question I got 1890.625 = mean, 890 something = sd.

for the probability of the third person using that browser? yep i did too :-)

for the next question about 2nd or 3rd person did anyone do (.92 x .92 x .8) + (.92 x .8)?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending