Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why are some Arsenal fans mocking Spurs?

Announcements Posted on
TSR Movie Madness. Vote and debate in all of the group finals from now to Saturday evening! 15-07-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I'm an Arsenal fan and obviously don't like Tottenham, but I'd much rather Bayern had won it tonight and don't understand the Arsenal fans that cheered for Chelsea just to get one, a really petty one at that, over on Tottenham. Yes it's funny that they now miss out on a place in the Champions League, but were they ever going to win in anyway? No, they'd probably have got to the last 16, maybe quarter-finals at best. The sacrifice of watching John Terry and Ashley Cole lift a trophy we have never lifted was not worth it.

At least Tottenham play fluid attacking football and are entertaining to watch. Chelsea play anti, rope a dope football, at best. They're the most unworthy Champions of all time and a team captained by a racist, playing negative football to win arguably the biggest Tournament in club football is damaging to the game's reputation. It's like letting a guy you hate marry the women you love, just so a guy you hate a tiny bit more has no chance of getting with her, a chance he didn't really have anyway.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just shows how far Arsenal have sunk. Instead of challenging for trophies, doing better than Tottenham or seeing them fail has become their top priority.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    anything to get one over your bitter bitter rivals
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm no genius but i believe Arsenal fans are mocking Spurs because they didn't qualify for the champions league due to Chelsea winning the final.
    Anyway i think the more important question is, being an English men why are you not supporting an ENGLISH team!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Siman89)
    Yes it's funny that they now miss out on a place in the Champions League, but were they ever going to win in anyway? No, they'd probably have got to the last 16, maybe quarter-finals at best.
    Not the point really. They will now surely lose Modric and probably Bale. I doubt Adebayor wants to stay too. It's a domino effect. Their best players will leave and they have no Champions League place to attract top players. This was their chance to finish 3rd and they blew it (although they were unlucky).

The sacrifice of watching John Terry and Ashley Cole lift a trophy we have never lifted was not worth it.
    While that was cringe worthy (as was watching Abromavich win), the pure football fan in me wanted to see Drogba win it. What a player he's been for Chelsea and for the PL. I didn't want Chelsea to win, but I didn't want Drogba to miss.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    Probably because Modric and Bale will already be packing there bags.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm an Arsenal fan but I only supported Chelsea because they were the last of my now successful treble down William Hill(West Ham, Hearts)

In saying that I'm not going to turn down an opportunity to have a pop at the scum.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bahjat93)
    I'm no genius but i believe Arsenal fans are mocking Spurs because they didn't qualify for the champions league due to Chelsea winning the final.
    Anyway i think the more important question is, being an English men why are you not supporting an ENGLISH team!
    Because I don't care about a teams nationality I care about good football. Chelsea are anti-football, with their fan base mainly comprised of racists, white trash and inbreds, and in a lot of cases, all 3.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm an Arsenal fan and obviously don't like Tottenham, but I'd much rather Bayern had won it tonight and don't understand the Arsenal fans that cheered for Chelsea just to get one, a really petty one at that, over on Tottenham. Yes it's funny that they now miss out on a place in the Champions League, but were they ever going to win in anyway? No, they'd probably have got to the last 16, maybe quarter-finals at best. The sacrifice of watching John Terry and Ashley Cole lift a trophy we have never lifted was not worth it.

At least Tottenham play fluid attacking football and are entertaining to watch. Chelsea play anti, rope a dope football, at best. They're the most unworthy Champions of all time and a team captained by a racist, playing negative football to win arguably the biggest Tournament in club football is damaging to the game's reputation. It's like letting a guy you hate marry the women you love, just so a guy you hate a tiny bit more has no chance of getting with her, a chance he didn't really have anyway.
    lol I understand it completely. You never want to see your side's bitterest rivals succeed.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    I dunno, Arsenal fan here and I definitely wanted Chelsea to lose.
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:

I agree with everything you said apart from "most undeserving CL winners ever". How? They beat Barcelona and Bayern Munich, where's the luck in that?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SnoochToTheBooch)
    lol I understand it completely. You never want to see your side's bitterest rivals succeed.
    But Chelsea are also our rivals and have done a lot worse to us than Tottenham ever have i.e. stealing Ashley Cole, buying the League. It just makes us seem like a small club. Whilst Chelsea go on and win the biggest Tournament in Europe, we're pettily laughing at our neighbours, despite not having won anything ourselves in 7 seasons.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    But Chelsea are also our rivals and have done a lot worse to us than Tottenham ever have i.e. stealing Ashley Cole, buying the League. It just makes us seem like a small club. Whilst Chelsea go on and win the biggest Tournament in Europe, we're pettily laughing at our neighbours, despite not having won anything ourselves in 7 seasons.
    well the dislike of tottenham must outweigh the dislike of chelsea.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Because I don't care about a teams nationality I care about good football. Chelsea are anti-football, with their fan base mainly comprised of racists, white trash and inbreds, and in a lot of cases, all 3.
    Because racists would support a team who's players consist of drogba/cole etc? Get a grip. And by putting racists and white trash in the same sentence, you're a hypocrite, just saying

I'm a Chelsea fan, whilst pleased with result, I'm upset a bit that we cost spurs a chance at the CL, they've had a good season, I wish them the best of luck for another good season
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    I agree with everything you said apart from "most undeserving CL winners ever". How? They beat Barcelona and Bayern Munich, where's the luck in that?
    In the 2 legs against Barca they had a total of 3 shots, and scored 3 goals, whereas Barca had about 50 and played entertaining attacking football. In the final tonight Bayern had about 20 plus corners to Chelsea's 1. Getting a result when you don't really deserve it or earn it, it's pretty much the definition of luck.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well either way we would have been happy about something and sad about something else so let's just look on the bright side of this match shall we?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    We're mockng them because they've missed out on the Champions League next year and they're our north London "rivals"; we're perfectly entitled to do so.
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    In the 2 legs against Barca they had a total of 3 shots, and scored 3 goals, whereas Barca had about 50 and played entertaining attacking football. In the final tonight Bayern had about 20 plus corners to Chelsea's 1. Getting a result when you don't really deserve it or earn it, it's pretty much the definition of luck.
    But they did deserve it: Chelsea took their chances, Barca and Bayern didn't. What would you rather 50 shots no goals, or 1 shot 1 goal?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kog)
    Because racists would support a team who's players consist of drogba/cole etc? Fet a grip. And by putting racists and white trash in the same sentence, you're a hypocrite, just saying

I'm a Chelsea fan, whilst pleased with result, I'm upset a bit that we cost spurs a chance at the CL, they've had a good season, I wish them the best of luck for another good season
    Supporting a team with a few black players in doesn't discount you from being racist. I think the gas chamber and anti-semitic chants aimed at Spurs fans over the years would counter that argument.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just some rivalry. I'm an Arsenal fan myself, but I don't really feel like mocking them, I wanted Bayern to win and the fact that they lost has ruined my mood

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 22, 2012
New on TSR

Which unis are the poshest?

See what students perceive to be the classiest establishments in Britain

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.