Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Advanced Higher Biology

Announcements Posted on
Study Help needs new mods! 14-04-2014
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DragonHeartstring)
    It didn't help I don't recall much about specific qualities of RNA - that made me panic a bit. I agree about the mc being thick, it was especially the questions with graphs and you had to choose a conclusion that could be made from the results - those kind drive me round the bend!

Ahh. We got a new bio teacher year that told us he would switch the course to do physiology next year - we had already learned animal behaviour before he came, so had to stick with it. I think physiology would have been more suited to our class.
    Yeah the conclusion to the graph ones are made to look real hard, but simple when you actually look and consider all the options!

Yeah, our teacher said its the best one to teach, theres a lot of facts in it that are basic knowledge and so less to learn! Its also interesting!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ugh, I do not feel confident after that exam.

That data interpretation was a monster and I wasn't keen on many of the MC questions.

Anyone out there do Animal Behaviour?
    Yeah i do animal behaviour. It was hard huh!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ConnorMcKenzie)
    Did anyone put bioaccumulation?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    No but in retrospect i think it was!!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student666)
    Yeah i do animal behaviour. It was hard huh!
    Yes! I completely forgot examples of extended phenotypes, and I couldn't put into words why the crater thing was an extended phenotype I feel like such a moron. Did you get what the other features of grooming were for the meetkat/primate thing? I think I said something like to help get rid of parasites, and that it might show dominance over another :confused:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yes! I completely forgot examples of extended phenotypes, and I couldn't put into words why the crater thing was an extended phenotype I feel like such a moron. Did you get what the other features of grooming were for the meetkat/primate thing? I think I said something like to help get rid of parasites, and that it might show dominance over another :confused:
    i yabbered some nonsense about social bonding? haha, had no idea though, your one sounds better. Yeah the whole thing was harder than expected! Hopefully they will lowed the grade boundaries! Apparently they usually are like 5% lower than normal, for AH biology!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by freedom123)
    Yeah something like that, I got A like you, but its definately D
    I got C cos I thouight it said 8 as opposed to 0.8............. and a get the sheet blown up 4 times the size so I can see it better :L
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student666)
    i yabbered some nonsense about social bonding? haha, had no idea though, your one sounds better. Yeah the whole thing was harder than expected! Hopefully they will lowed the grade boundaries! Apparently they usually are like 5% lower than normal, for AH biology!
    Yeah, last year's grade boundary for an A was 65% I think (although this also incorporated the project marks), and a C was below 50%, but I don't remember the exact %age. Honestly, it doesn't make me feel all that much better, but cross fingers!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    anyone here do unit 3 biotechnology?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Babb_zz)
    those who did physiology, did you guys put the individual is not obese due to him having a BMI less than 30?
    [PHP[/PHP]
    Yes I did
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I said that as sea temperatures increase, then saprotrophs etc will be able to decompose the faeces and therefore release the carbon dioxide from it back into the atmosphere which would then contribute to global warmimg! - can anyone verify this?
    Basically what I wrote. Increase in ocean temperature would lead to an increase in decomp, thus an increase in the amount of CO2 being released into the atmosphere.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I said a single locus probe! I dont know if i'll get the mark!
    The answer is a single locus probe.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Niamh-94)
    The answer is a single locus probe.
    Do you think 'hybridising with a marked probe' would get the mark?

• 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I have went over the paper and I think it was actually a really fair paper! Although, the data interp was a bit challenging!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adam_johnson)
    Do you think 'hybridising with a marked probe' would get the mark?

Im not sure, because it was talking about a single gene defect disorder, and "hybridising with a marked probe" could imply that it will/can hybridise at more than one point! I am not sure though, they might accept "probe" and would give you the mark for saying it!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Im not sure, because it was talking about a single gene defect disorder, and "hybridising with a marked probe" could imply that it will/can hybridise at more than one point! I am not sure though, they might accept "probe" and would give you the mark for saying it!
    I hope so.

• 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jordan0141)
    a higher dosage resulted in a higher increase in time before the onset of angina
    I wrote the same
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, last year's grade boundary for an A was 65% I think (although this also incorporated the project marks), and a C was below 50%, but I don't remember the exact %age. Honestly, it doesn't make me feel all that much better, but cross fingers!
    Don't mean to be miserable as Id love this to be true but checked the sqa website and the average lowest mark for an A over the past 3 years has been 80%?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dhill94)
    Don't mean to be miserable as Id love this to be true but checked the sqa website and the average lowest mark for an A over the past 3 years has been 80%?
    You've misread it. The whole things out of 125 marks. 80/125 x 100 = 64%

• 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Could someone post the paper if possible?

• 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ConnorMcKenzie)
    Could someone post the paper if possible?

I will try and get it up by the end of the week!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: July 31, 2012
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.