The Student Room Group

AQA Additional Science Biology exam tomorrow

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Dandaman9999
Wow, thanks! I was just worrying because different people were telling me different things which weren't correct. But thanks for this list :smile:

No problem :smile: Also, I should have said that another disadvantage of transplants is that the transplanted kidney only works for a few years or so :smile:

And for ethanol-based fuels:

Use carbohydrase enzymes to break down starch from plants into glucose.

Ferment the glucose anaerobically with yeast.

The products of this anaerobic fermentation is ethanol.

The ethanol can be extracted by distillation.

The ethanol can be used to make fuels.

:smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by usycool1
No problem :smile: Also, I should have said that another disadvantage of transplants is that the transplanted kidney only works for a few years or so :smile:

The products of this anaerobic fermentation are ethanol and water.

+rep! You beat me to it, but yes, perfectly spot-on. I was going to post the same thing. :wink:
Reply 22
Original post by 21stcenturyphantom
+rep! You beat me to it, but yes, perfectly spot-on. I was going to post the same thing. :wink:

Thanks :smile: I'll + rep you too when I have some left :wink:
Good luck everyone!
I sat B2 last year; I have B3 tomorrow :smile:

[*]The products of this anaerobic fermentation are ethanol and water.

Actually, sorry, I don't mean to be picky here, but during anaerobic respiration aren't the products ethanol and carbon dioxide? During aerobic yeast produces water and carbon dioxide. During anaerobic there is no water produced. It is ethanol and carbon dioxide.
I've spent the best part of the weekend revising for the B3 exam, I had done minimal revision prior to Saturday so had started panicking as I have no natural ability in Biology.

Before revision I decided to do one past paper to see my ability, got a low C grade. I then wrote out 20 pages of key notes through reading the textbook and then printed off two more past papers... Got decent A*'s on both. If only I discovered the benefit of revision at the beginning of my GCSE's... :tongue:

Good luck to all in the exam.

The products of this anaerobic fermentation are ethanol and water.

Thank you very much :smile: I think that's exactly what the mark scheme says too!
Actually, sorry, I don't mean to be picky here, but during anaerobic respiration aren't the products ethanol and carbon dioxide? During aerobic yeast produces water and carbon dioxide. During anaerobic there is no water produced. It is ethanol and carbon dioxide.

Actually, I agree here! It is CO2 and ethanol
Reply 28

Actually, I agree here! It is CO2 and ethanol

When glucose is present, water is produced I think :smile: But I think the water is produced before the anaerobic fermentation or something like that. It's because of the process of glycolysis or something like that, I think :smile: I'll try and look through my notes to explain it :smile:
Not looking forward to tomorrow's exam! :s-smilie:
Reply 30
Thank you very much :smile: I think that's exactly what the mark scheme says too!

See here.

Scroll down to "The chemical process of fermentation of glucose." It's a bit complicated but I think it shows that water is produced :tongue:
Reply 31
Original post by x-Sophie-x
Not looking forward to tomorrow's exam! :s-smilie:

Which ones are you doing? :smile:
Wow, thanks! I was just worrying because different people were telling me different things which weren't correct. But thanks for this list :smile:

There are many other pros and cons which are perfectly acceptable answers...
Which ones are you doing? :smile:

I'm doing B2, B3 and Spanish :/ You?

Oh and btw, Good luck everyone! :biggrin:
Reply 34
Original post by x-Sophie-x
I'm doing B2, B3 and Spanish :/ You?

Oh and btw, Good luck everyone! :biggrin:

I just have B3 :smile:

Good luck :smile:
I just have B3 :smile:

Good luck :smile:

Lucky you! I've done too much cramming today, woops :s

Thanks, I'll be needing it :]
Reply 36
you guys are lucky you're not doing the unit 2 biology AS level exam tomorow ;p that **** is crazzzy
Reply 37
Does anyone know the grade boundaries for the exam tomorrow?
My teacher told me it was 80% for an A, but I looked online, and AQA says that an A is only 55%.

Any insight? Cheers =]
See here.

Scroll down to "The chemical process of fermentation of glucose." It's a bit complicated but I think it shows that water is produced :tongue:

OK not to worry, that was interesting to read anyway :biggrin:
Reply 39
Original post by Cnut
Does anyone know the grade boundaries for the exam tomorrow?
My teacher told me it was 80% for an A, but I looked online, and AQA says that an A is only 55%.

Any insight? Cheers =]

It varies :smile: For B2 last June, you needed only 58% for an A*...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending