The Student Room Group

OCR AS Law: The English Legal System 24th May

Scroll to see replies

Original post by und3niable_
Cramming is literally impossible for this exam, but good luck!

Not true at all!! I didn't revise all year last June and stayed up from 5pm the previous day all the way to my 9am exam cramming. Got 100UMS!!:colondollar:

If your taking the exam tomorrow, don't freak out, it can be done in one night:-) I did it and got the highest possible mark
Original post by ProcrastinatePro
Yeah, taking this exam tomorrow as failing miserably last June, of course I did the same thing as usual and have done NO revision. Absolutely f*+ked now haha, anyone got any tips on how to cram all of ELS in by tomorrow 12?

Read my above post^^^
your username though..kinda figures why you need to cram :tongue: haha

Yeah aha:biggrin: I promised myself in september i'll revise a tiny bit everyday so i'm completely prepared when january comes, it is now january 20th and i'm starting revision now:colondollar:
Original post by millie-rose
Not true at all!! I didn't revise all year last June and stayed up from 5pm the previous day all the way to my 9am exam cramming. Got 100UMS!!:colondollar:

If your taking the exam tomorrow, don't freak out, it can be done in one night:-) I did it and got the highest possible mark

Well thanks for the motivation! Around 10 cups of coffee and a fun all nighter it is then:mad:
Well thanks for the motivation! Around 10 cups of coffee and a fun all nighter it is then:mad:

Haha yep. I think I probably drunk around 10 redbulls and was probably verging on a heart attack but hey it was worth it! You can do it :smile:Lucky for me though that the B section had pace and bail as I found those the easiest.
Haha yep. I think I probably drunk around 10 redbulls and was probably verging on a heart attack but hey it was worth it! You can do it :smile:Lucky for me though that the B section had pace and bail as I found those the easiest.

How you managed to do this in one night is beyond me.. What did you sneak in those red bulls? Whatever it was wish I had some :frown:
How you managed to do this in one night is beyond me.. What did you sneak in those red bulls? Whatever it was wish I had some :frown:

I think it's because I knew I had no other option so I forced myself to literally cover everything and remember every little detail, good luck!!
Reply 107
So how did everyone find it? :smile:

I'm so glad ADR and categories of offence came up; I was hoping they would. I would have preferred detention to arrest but I was expecting arrest to come up so I revised that one quite a lot. I then answered the juries question, which was OK, but I would have preferred a straightforward advantages/disadvantages rather than being limited to just talking about secrecy.

I was hoping I could choose the legal profession question but I didn't understand the B part question at all. Did anyone answer that one?

I'm jealous..i dunno my UMS but i got 96/120 which is a mid A. I may re-take sources of law to get another A though. Missed out by two marks!
I'm jealous..i dunno my UMS but i got 96/120 which is a mid A. I may re-take sources of law to get another A though. Missed out by two marks!

Wow freaky haha I did the exact same thing. Last jan I got a B, 2 marks of an A as well! So I retook it alongside the English legal system June one. (Did all nighters for both and got As in both):colondollar:

I'd definitely recommend retaking for two reasons-
1. Sources of law seems so much easier after doing English legal system
2. A2 is a b**** and I would say its definitely twice as hard to get an A in a2 than as. The amount of cases is ridiculous too. So much easier if you have a high A to fall back on from as
Wow freaky haha I did the exact same thing. Last jan I got a B, 2 marks of an A as well! So I retook it alongside the English legal system June one. (Did all nighters for both and got As in both):colondollar:

I'd definitely recommend retaking for two reasons-
1. Sources of law seems so much easier after doing English legal system
2. A2 is a b**** and I would say its definitely twice as hard to get an A in a2 than as. The amount of cases is ridiculous too. So much easier if you have a high A to fall back on from as

:eek: I've been enjoying A2 so far, but hearing that from you has scared me so much more now.:K:
:eek: I've been enjoying A2 so far, but hearing that from you has scared me so much more now.:K:

Really? Wow I hate it because theres so mant problems within the law you study and the exam technique is completely different to last year. Did you take the special study paper this jan? X
Reply 112
Original post by Imog
So how did everyone find it? :smile:

I'm so glad ADR and categories of offence came up; I was hoping they would. I would have preferred detention to arrest but I was expecting arrest to come up so I revised that one quite a lot. I then answered the juries question, which was OK, but I would have preferred a straightforward advantages/disadvantages rather than being limited to just talking about secrecy.

I was hoping I could choose the legal profession question but I didn't understand the B part question at all. Did anyone answer that one?

Brilliant exam! Pretty much what I predicted came up! I did arrest, pre trial, juries and ADR!!
Same I was put off the that question as well cos the 2nd question I was puzzled about, I was also wondering if anyone else did that, really want to know how you would of answered that!
Really? Wow I hate it because theres so mant problems within the law you study and the exam technique is completely different to last year. Did you take the special study paper this jan? X

Yeah I only realised today how different the exam technique is from AS, especially the cases, in A2 you're told to specifically make sure you do not spend too much time elaborating on the case details.:s-smilie:

Nope, both my exams will be in june because my college doesn't do january exams:frown:
Yeah I only realised today how different the exam technique is from AS, especially the cases, in A2 you're told to specifically make sure you do not spend too much time elaborating on the case details.:s-smilie:

Nope, both my exams will be in june because my college doesn't do january exams:frown:

Ahh, ours isn't supposed to either but in previous years students have been doing bad in the special study so they let us take it in January so that there's time to resist.

Yup! The first question (15 marks) had absoloutely no AO1 marks at all. So it didn't matter if you knew every single detail of every case, there were no marks available. It was all about evaluating how it has helped the law develop.
Sooo different to as.

The 35 mark only had like 10 ao1s so again barely any!! I have had barely any exam practice because my teachers been ill the whole past month so fair to say I am definitely retaking!!:smile:
Couldn't pull off one of those all nighters again?:biggrin:
And wait what 15 mark? What exam board are you doing?
Yeah I REALLY need to get used to stop explaining cases.. its so hard not to!:mad:
Yeah aha:biggrin: I promised myself in september i'll revise a tiny bit everyday so i'm completely prepared when january comes, it is now january 20th and i'm starting revision now:colondollar:

Hope it went well :biggrin:
Hope it went well :biggrin:

Thanks! Me too:K:
Couldn't pull off one of those all nighters again?:biggrin:
And wait what 15 mark? What exam board are you doing?
Yeah I REALLY need to get used to stop explaining cases.. its so hard not to!:mad:

Unfortunately not because its not about knowing the details anymore:-(

And OCR... The 15 marker is the first question in the special study paper... And me too, I could rant on about cases and judgements easily haha
Unfortunately not because its not about knowing the details anymore:-(

And OCR... The 15 marker is the first question in the special study paper... And me too, I could rant on about cases and judgements easily haha

Lmao, can't believe I don't know how the papers are set out:eek:. That indicates I need to get my **** together.:rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending