The Student Room Group

Fear of not getting required grades for Medicine

Hi guys! I'm currently doing my GCSE exams in 13 subjects and I have already had 2 of them which went quite nicely I have to say, however as for the rest of them, I'm really worried that I won't get A's or A*'s grades which I have to get for medicine. Does anyone feel like this? I am normally a very good student and I revise a lot, but the stress is just too overwhelming sometimes.
Reply 1
I feel exactly like this. I'm sure you'll do fine. I'm predicted 9A*s and an A but I always feel as if I'll never achieve them. Hard work does pay off. Just a bit worried cos I left my chemistry and Spanish revision a bit late...
i am the exact same! stay positive and good luck i'm doing my standard grades just now :smile:
Yeah, I'm in the same position but all you ha e to do is believe and remember this is only a small part of your application. Do a lot of voluntary work and do well in AS and A2 (predicted) and UKCAT or BMAT and you'll easily get there :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by pollyrose
I feel exactly like this. I'm sure you'll do fine. I'm predicted 9A*s and an A but I always feel as if I'll never achieve them. Hard work does pay off. Just a bit worried cos I left my chemistry and Spanish revision a bit late...

Thank you! I'm sure you'll do fine too! Wow hope you'll achieve your predicted grades! Tell me about the last minute revision. I left my Business Studies revision DANGEROUSLY late and I havent covered a single bit of it, therefore I'm just skimming through the book picking out the most important bits. I have 3 days though. Wish me luck, haha :biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by Dandaman9999
Yeah, I'm in the same position but all you ha e to do is believe and remember this is only a small part of your application. Do a lot of voluntary work and do well in AS and A2 (predicted) and UKCAT or BMAT and you'll easily get there :smile:

Thank you for cheering me up a little bit :biggrin: I hope you'll get all the grades you want! :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by pollyrose

Exactly the same case with me... completely forgot for a minute that i have spanish tomorrow :mad:

are you revising for spanish btw? i was thinking of leaving spanish and just concentrating on chem as i still have a lot to cover, looking back now i seriously should've started earlier :sadnod:
Reply 7
Original post by aa05
Exactly the same case with me... completely forgot for a minute that i have spanish tomorrow :mad:

are you revising for spanish btw? i was thinking of leaving spanish and just concentrating on chem as i still have a lot to cover, looking back now i seriously should've started earlier :sadnod:

why on earth am i procrastinating :angry:
Reply 8
I feel the same way! *SIGH* It feels like there's so much work to do. But the wonderful feeling of the exams being over is something we all should focus on. OH I CAN'T WAIT FOR THAT 2 MONTH-ISH HOLIDAY! It's just over the horizon guys! I'm sure we will all be laughing at this moment when we look back at it.

:wink: Happy Revising :wink:
Original post by Memphis93
Thank you for cheering me up a little bit :biggrin: I hope you'll get all the grades you want! :smile:

Anytime :biggrin: hope you do too!

Quick Reply

Latest