Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Imperial Sports Facilities

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi there, I'm probably going to Imperial this October for engineering.

I'm not worried about their facilities for engineering since the course is world class and hence so must be their equipments. Sorry for sounding dumb but I'm, however, worried about the fact that since the college doesn't have a campus of its own and is based in London, I wonder if they will have enough space for sports. eg. swimming pool, basketball court, tennis court, badmintion court etc etc. I for one am impressed by University of Bath's sports facilities. I'm an international so I haven't visited IC personally and I am confused over the term "city campus" they classified IC as.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    It was in the news this week because some actor paid us a visit. http://felixonline.co.uk/news/2457/n...-was-at-ethos/

It's called Ethos. It's £20 membership which lasts the whole of your course. It's (literally) across the road from college.

Outdoor tennis courts are situated not too far away.

And we very much do have a campus. Look on Google Maps. http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=impe...ngdom&t=m&z=16
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    If Will Smith found our gym acceptable, it's acceptable. Don't worry, you have everything you need sports wise. We also have the most clubs + societies out of any student union in the country (300+) and just about every sport is covered. If for some reason yours isn't, you can start it yourself :P .
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Do you have to wait a long time in the ethos gym to use popular equipment? (treadmill for example)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    if you go between between 12:00 and 1:30, or 6:00 to 8:00, then yes
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by metraino)
    if you go between between 12:00 and 1:30, or 6:00 to 8:00, then yes
    Okay thanks!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnythingButChardonnay)
    It was in the news this week because some actor paid us a visit. http://felixonline.co.uk/news/2457/n...-was-at-ethos/

It's called Ethos. It's £20 membership which lasts the whole of your course. It's (literally) across the road from college.

Outdoor tennis courts are situated not too far away.

And we very much do have a campus. Look on Google Maps. http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=impe...ngdom&t=m&z=16
    What are the football facilities like? Are there teams that play against other unis?
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hash007)
    What are the football facilities like? Are there teams that play against other unis?
    I don't know. But I see them Imperial FC in the bars every Wednesday.

Yes, they do.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marcus4004)
    Do you have to wait a long time in the ethos gym to use popular equipment? (treadmill for example)
    I have never had a problem. At busy times you may have to wait a little bit for the more popular equipment, but never long. You would soon work out the best times to go.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 5, 2012
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.