The Student Room Group

How confident are you in achieving your FIRMED Uni offers ?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by . .
None. So I chose a pretty **** one at a **** university. I think they want 200 UCAS points and I'm on course for AAA/A*AA.

Do you think you'll still go if you get those grades?
Original post by singh224
need A*AA for imperial and pretty scared as I have 13 exams and which include 1 whole A-level in 1 year :frown:

I'm looking forward to imperial next year the least, if i SOMEHOW get an offer the two courses i'm most interested in are A*A*A, what have you firmed for?
Reply 82
Original post by confused dot com
Do you think you'll still go if you get those grades?

Well I don't want to.
I'm kind of having mix feelings, like a part of me thinks I'm not ready for university.
Another part thinks that I'm only doing it to please my parents. A part of me thinks that I'm just doing it so I stop getting compared to people "Such and such a persons son is doing this at university he got XXX in his A-Levels, he's a really bright boy".
What I really want to do is start up a business but attempting to explain that to Asian parents who talk about you like your the second coming to relatives an are the first one in the family to have a decent shot at university ain't easy.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 83
I'm pretty confident,i'll get in. Just need to continue getting the same grades I got in AS.And I should be fine. :biggrin:
Reply 84
Original post by . .
Well I don't want to.
I'm kind of having mix feelings, like a part of me thinks I'm not ready for university.
Another part thinks that I'm only doing it to please my parents. A part of me thinks that I'm just doing it so I stop getting compared to people "Such and such a persons son is doing this at university he got XXX in his A-Levels, he's a really bright boy".
What I really want to do is start up a business but attempting to explain that to Asian parents who talk about you like your the second coming to relatives an are the first one in the family to have a decent shot at university ain't easy.

Thats not just asian parents, thats all parents. :biggrin:
Reply 85
Need 142/200 in Maths, 52/100 in Economics and 69/120 in English lit for AAA! Very confident I can do this, I've worked my socks off this year to go to Uni, poor results would destroy me.
Reply 86
Need ABB for CompSci at Loughborough

Should hopefully get
A* Maths (A minimum)
A English Language (C already achieved, need ~55% in final exam for A)
B Graphics: Product Design (On a mid-high B at the minute)
B Further Maths (Just an A in AS, but not quite so confident about my A2 modules)
B Citizenship (This could vary the greatest. Only done half the AS so far, so got 1 AS and 2 A2 exams this exam period)

Would like an AAA for an extra £1k, but I'm not confident with that really. Just really hoping I get that ABB...
Reply 87
Original post by alexsasg
I'm forcing myself to feel confident about getting A*AA because otherwise I'd just fall apart tbh.

exactly the strategy im taking..
Reply 88
I really hope the guys above who said they have and are working their socks off, get their grades.. cause tbh the reason I am not feeling confident is because I havn't .. looking back at the last 2 years I don't think I deserve it as much as some other people who work so hard.. especially the ones who even after putting all the hard work don't get the results .. makes me feel extremely guilty for having the capability of doing well but just not putting enough effort... anyways I am going to stop with my ranting .. just want to say GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU :smile: we all shall get the results which we truly deserve in august
They asked for ABB, but seeing as I got a C in English, they are asking for AAC.

I was stupid to put it as firm. =(
I'm confident. Need an A in maths, which I have. Need As in at least 2 out of Further maths, electronics or physics. I'm well on track to get them in electronics and physics.
Reply 91
Why are people negging others for saying they are pretty confident about meeting their offer :/ isnt that what the thread is about.
Reply 92
I'll wait and see how my results look, but i'm having a gap year to go Tornado Chasing in the USA next year :biggrin:
Reply 93
Original post by . .
Well I don't want to.

Same with Arab parents... I don't wanna go to Uni plus I'd be going at 17 and I don't wanna be younger than everybody else. When I told them this they just yelled at me lol

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by . .
I meant June modules sorry. I don't know. I've firmed my choice. I might pull out on results day. I'll see. Parents will be pretty pissed about it though. I dunno I guess I feel pretty bad for disappointing them.

Aren't they already disappointed that you've gone for a fecking ****e university anyway? Fecking ****e comparative to where you could be, I mean.
Reply 95
Original post by qawsedrftg
Why are people negging others for saying they are pretty confident about meeting their offer :/ isnt that what the thread is about.

hey i got negged for saying i do law in one thread
Original post by jodrummer
Which exam board are you doing? I worked out that I can only drop 16 marks in my whole A2 exam for Spanish to get the A* I need. Me da mucho miedo... :frown:

I know this wasn't directed at me, but I do AQA for both the languages I do...for German you can only drop 14 marks, and for French only 19, to get an A*. Insane.
Reply 97
Original post by Kya
Same with Arab parents... I don't wanna go to Uni plus I'd be going at 17 and I don't wanna be younger than everybody else. When I told them this they just yelled at me lol

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

I know what you mean.

Original post by gemnomnom
Aren't they already disappointed that you've gone for a fecking ****e university anyway? Fecking ****e comparative to where you could be, I mean.

Universities is university to them.
Reply 98
Original post by Rainingshame
I'm looking forward to imperial next year the least, if i SOMEHOW get an offer the two courses i'm most interested in are A*A*A, what have you firmed for?

I've firmed Imperial for EEE (electronic and electrical engineering) wbu which course you firmed?
Original post by singh224
I've firmed Imperial for EEE (electronic and electrical engineering) wbu which course you firmed?

*Next* year. I'll only have done 2 A2 modules by the end of this year :L and nice, seems like a decent course to go to.

Quick Reply

Latest