• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    i find it disturbing.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eggaforbreakfast)
    i find it disturbing.
    Really? You're disturbed by this?

Which bit is it that you find disturbing?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think we are going to be seeing that expression from Angela Merkel quite a lot in the coming weeks.
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha, I bet the German Chancellor was thinking 'yeah but your economy is still ****ed'
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by josh_v)
    Really? You're disturbed by this?

Which bit is it that you find disturbing?

well, i thought these world leaders were there to sort out the global financial crisis....you know, the crisis which has plunged millions of people into poverty and suffering.

just thought a stage managed knees up at tax payer expense was a tad inappropriate.....
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think Dave is using this as a bit of an opportunity to tell the British voters how much of a normal, 'mates-down-the-pub' kind of guy he is.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Osborne was there as well, I assume they paid for their own Ryanair flights and hotels. We're all in this together
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Football. Brings even the leaders, together.
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geetar)
    I think Dave is using this as a bit of an opportunity to tell the British voters how much of a normal, 'mates-down-the-pub' kind of guy he is.
    Yes, bloody good show, my absolute favourite bit was when that Drogba chap knocked that one in the netted box with his head.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Cameron is a really odd man, he looks like he is made of plastic and his insincerity is so clear on almost everything he says.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    well, i thought these world leaders were there to sort out the global financial crisis....you know, the crisis which has plunged millions of people into poverty and suffering.

just thought a stage managed knees up at tax payer expense was a tad inappropriate.....
    Yes, I find it absolutely disgusting.

I even heard they sleep whilst at summits like this and even use the bathroom, they aren't there to do their regular body functions they are there to steer the world in a better path

• 3 followers

ReputationRep:

How dare these people actually have human emotions and interests :fuhrer:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    The Russian PM rang his boss straight after but Roman was too busy celebrating.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chrislpp)
    Yes, I find it absolutely disgusting.

I even heard they sleep whilst at summits like this and even use the bathroom, they aren't there to do their regular body functions they are there to steer the world in a better path

Interesting, did camera crews also follow them into the bathroom?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Obama's face at 1:04 :eek:
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    They always do, didn't you see George Osborne in the stadium? During the world cup Merkel and Cameron watched the England vs Germany match. Bill Clinton also watched one of the USA matches. It isn't really new news, world leaders have always watched matches since the beginning of any games for example the roman emperors would watch fights in the Colosseums and Hitler at the 1936 Olympics... Just saying :cool:
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    They are just trying to act like they are one of "us" I.e. the regular guy

Bet Cameron had to ask his advisers which "colour shirt" he should "cheer" for lol He should just stop pretending. All he's into is golf, and horse riding and shooting in the country side.
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 3raindrops)
    They are just trying to act like they are one of "us" I.e. the regular guy

Bet Cameron had to ask his advisers which "colour shirt" he should "cheer" for lol He should just stop pretending. All he's into is golf, and horse riding and shooting in the country side.
    If he made no effort to relate to the people of his country and stayed aloof, ostentatiously only concerned with stereotypically upper class matters like the sports you described, I can almost guarantee you'd manage to complain about that even more.

Besides, I think he's a genuine football fan. You don't need to complain about this, there's nothing wrong in what he did even if it was faked enthusiasm to better relate to the country.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    PMs and people in powerful positions are allowed opinions and to like things that we also like. But the people complaining about this are also the same people who complain he's 'out of touch' etc.

(Original post by ArsLongaVitaBrevis)
    Besides, I think he's a genuine football fan. You don't need to complain about this, there's nothing wrong in what he did even if it was faked enthusiasm to better relate to the country.
    He is - him and Prince William are Villa fans :sexface:. No idea why though.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: May 22, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.