Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Which is best in creative industries Goldsmiths or King's College?

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi, Im an overseas student who is looking for the best choice to study Creative Industries in the UK between King's College or Goldsmiths!

I've been admited in both, but now i need to make the best choice!

Thanks for the Help!

Mauro
    • 91 followers

ReputationRep:
    KCL has the stronger international reputation but I'd say (without bias, at all :p: ) that Goldsmiths is more arty-farty and might have a more interesting approach to the subject. So it depends what you value more :dontknow:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    KCL has the stronger international reputation but I'd say (without bias, at all :p: ) that Goldsmiths is more arty-farty and might have a more interesting approach to the subject. So it depends what you value more :dontknow:
    Thanks a lot for your help! Arty-farty is what I´m looking for.
    But now let me ask you: Why Goldsmiths is more interesting in this subject?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    hey!
    i am wondering the exact same thing. are you choosing between king's "cultural and creative industries", and goldsmiths "culture industry" as well? it's such a hard decision... content wise i think they are pretty similar, but at king's you have more options to choose as additional courses to the core modules. king's is much bigger, and the cci programme is one of the most prestigious of its kind, but then goldsmiths is a really good uni with, as the lonely goatherd said, an arty vibe to it. and cheaper!
    what are you leaning towards?
    • 91 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ah course content I can't help you out with, since I'm a music student :musicus:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I was about to start a similar thread! I had an offer from Goldsmiths for Arts Administration & Cultural Policy, but I also have good chances to get into KCL (Cultural & Creative Industries).. and Goldsmiths expects an answer in less than a week from now :O I dont have an offer from KCL yet but in case I get one (which seems to be likely) I need to start thinking about my 'first choice' too..
    They're both great Unis, of course Goldsmiths is more art focused, but KCL is linked to important institutions (which is probably why the CCI course is so expensive). *mumblemuble*
    I've been told that since Goldsmiths is mainly an art school, it tends to have a 'creative' approach to the subject. To be honest I've had my arty-farty (lol) years when I was doing my BA. Now I just want to get the best training possible..
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    If i were you, i would choose Goldsmiths for sure!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    punchuuu, care to extrapolate? why do you think so?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by punchuuu)
    If i were you, i would choose Goldsmiths for sure!
    Which arguments do you have? Thanks for your help!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clementin3)
    I was about to start a similar thread! I had an offer from Goldsmiths for Arts Administration & Cultural Policy, but I also have good chances to get into KCL (Cultural & Creative Industries).. and Goldsmiths expects an answer in less than a week from now :O I dont have an offer from KCL yet but in case I get one (which seems to be likely) I need to start thinking about my 'first choice' too..
    They're both great Unis, of course Goldsmiths is more art focused, but KCL is linked to important institutions (which is probably why the CCI course is so expensive). *mumblemuble*
    I've been told that since Goldsmiths is mainly an art school, it tends to have a 'creative' approach to the subject. To be honest I've had my arty-farty (lol) years when I was doing my BA. Now I just want to get the best training possible..
    So you are trying to say that KCL program is more formal? actually I spoke with a graduated person from that program and she told me that it is so theorical. More focus in research than in practice. But that was just an answer, now I´m looking for more
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doomanks)
    So you are trying to say that KCL program is more formal? actually I spoke with a graduated person from that program and she told me that it is so theorical. More focus in research than in practice. But that was just an answer, now I´m looking for more
    I meant that CCI at KCL is more theoretical, and actually it's what I've heard too..
    Goldsmiths' programme would probably be more challenging.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    eventually I went for Goldsmiths.
    • 91 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clementin3)
    eventually I went for Goldsmiths.
    Great choice!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Work experience is probably better.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I also accepted Goldsmiths !
    • 91 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doomanks)
    I also accepted Goldsmiths !
    :awesome:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    haha i love your enthusiasm for goldsmiths, lonely goatherd

doomanks, one question. which course will you be doing at goldsmiths? the arts administration and cultural policy one, or culture industry? thank you!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Madou)
    haha i love your enthusiasm for goldsmiths, lonely goatherd

doomanks, one question. which course will you be doing at goldsmiths? the arts administration and cultural policy one, or culture industry? thank you!
    I will be doing creative & cultural entrepreneurship! Be should change contact info to meet you there

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 1, 2012
New on TSR

Have a UCAS application question?

Post it in our dedicated forum

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

Postgraduate Education Guide

Quick Link:

Unanswered Postgraduate Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.