The Student Room Group

AQA A2 US Politics thread (Units 3A 11th and 4A 14th)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Original post by gtfcmariner
To be fair there was a lot you could have said about Federalism decreasing limits on federal government

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

This is what I did for like 90% of the essay. I then realised that I should have spoken about checks and balances mainly, but ran out of time :/ so it's fair to say i've done crap :P
Reply 241
10 mark question on 'fundemental law' for the Constitution - what did people put?
Reply 242
Original post by av_kidd
10 mark question on 'fundemental law' for the Constitution - what did people put?

I hated it at first and took a guess, seems right though. Said it was laws in the constitution, similar to statue law in the UK. Went on to say about how because it is vague it is open to Judicial interoperation. Talked about Marbury Vs Madison, Rode Vs Wade and Texas Vs Johnson to say how these cases made judgements against fundamental law, that it is intact flexible, and how the 'Right to bear arms' cannot be stopped because it is a fundamental law, even if it does cause a lot of gun crime.
Reply 243
Original post by av_kidd
This is what I did for like 90% of the essay. I then realised that I should have spoken about checks and balances mainly, but ran out of time :/ so it's fair to say i've done crap :P

Some people in my class spoke about Judicial review is what i really wish i did, because the power of review gives the courts to overturn rulings over state legislatures, giving them more than 'limited power'. Completely forgot about it and stuck to limit because of separation of powers and checks and balances, and said the changing nature of Federalism showed how the constitution did not stop FDR or Bush making the federal government more powerful.
Original post by Jakeeyy
Same for you, hoping for a good exam. I have offers to meet haha.

told you...

(**** my life)
Original post by Tay594
What the hell were the 10 mark questions for the constitution and the supreme court? -.- supreme court 30 marker was good though :smile:

They were crazy, I blagged them both haha. One of them was okay according to my teacher she was like yeah that's good :smile: . Supreme court 30 mark was amazing!, it was the same of the speciem paper and i was looking at the question a for an hour before with my teacher, so that was lucky.
10 markers . were awfull but its only small % of the exam and i winged it so hopefully a few pity marks :smile:
Reply 246
Original post by don_lad_
told you...

(**** my life)

Told me what? Federalism?
Original post by av_kidd

My teacher said that the bill of rights and how they were kept and broken ect. bit of history why they were created ect. how they protect the citizens.
Reply 248
Original post by orange'94
They were crazy, I blagged them both haha. One of them was okay according to my teacher she was like yeah that's good :smile: . Supreme court 30 mark was amazing!, it was the same of the speciem paper and i was looking at the question a for an hour before with my teacher, so that was lucky.
10 markers . were awfull but its only small % of the exam and i winged it so hopefully a few pity marks :smile:

Last year it was 51 marks or so for an A overall haha, 57 or so for an A in 2010! Think i may need around 56 tops :biggrin:.
Reply 249
My teacher said that the bill of rights and how they were kept and broken ect. bit of history why they were created ect. how they protect the citizens.

Annoying, i never said they were the Bill of Rights. Yet i gave an example of an amendment.. anyone mention judicial review in this?
Original post by Jakeeyy
Annoying, i never said they were the Bill of Rights. Yet i gave an example of an amendment.. anyone mention judicial review in this?

Amendment will be fine , the bill of rights are amendment arnt they , as long it was justificed , did you mention 13th,14th,15th they are important, yes i mentioned judicial review i like every question :P
Reply 251
Amendment will be fine , the bill of rights are amendment arnt they , as long it was justificed , did you mention 13th,14th,15th they are important, yes i mentioned judicial review i like every question :P

How did you do the essay? And yeah i said how they are vague and interpreted by the Judiciary and have a number of cases and compared to it to UK, terrified when i saw it, but when i got into it it wasn't too bad. Hopefully my examples pull it to 10/10. Saying Bill of Rights may have helped haha!
Reply 252
What are iron triangles? I completely guessed.

Original post by Jakeeyy
How did you do the essay? And yeah i said how they are vague and interpreted by the Judiciary and have a number of cases and compared to it to UK, terrified when i saw it, but when i got into it it wasn't too bad. Hopefully my examples pull it to 10/10. Saying Bill of Rights may have helped haha!

I Looked at the question in utter shock!, if it wasn't for the gift of 30 marker i wouldn't of bothered, but i thought it better to blag a 10marker and know a 30 mark then half ass a 10 and 30 mark. If only you could pick n mix!.

So what you expecting to get in politics then?
Reply 254
I Looked at the question in utter shock!, if it wasn't for the gift of 30 marker i wouldn't of bothered, but i thought it better to blag a 10marker and know a 30 mark then half ass a 10 and 30 mark. If only you could pick n mix!.

So what you expecting to get in politics then?

I didn't think of the essay as a gift, i found it as misleading. I only talked about separation of powers, checks and balances and how that limits government then how the changing nature of Federalism has led to government to become more powerful and said in the conclusion how the Founding Fathers could not exactly foresee it. And i need 75 UMS for my A, you?
Original post by MAPW

close relationship between a special interest group and the relevant bureau of the executive department and the relevant committee :smile:
Reply 256
Original post by MAPW

Where congressional committees, interest groups and executive departments work to the mutual benefit of themselves rather than the President. Then talked about the federal bureaucracy and cabinet, like clientelism and departmentalitus.
Reply 257

I wrote so much for the SC 30marker and spent so much time on it that I started the 10 marker at 3 minutes till the end!!! You're very lucky you were looking at that! I'm hoping for the same :smile:

Reply 258
Original post by Jakeeyy
Where congressional committees, interest groups and executive departments work to the mutual benefit of themselves rather than the President. Then talked about the federal bureaucracy and cabinet, like clientelism and departmentalitus.

Thanks.
I probably got 0/10 then as I put something completely opposite :/

Reply 259
If I revised the executive and the legislature I would have done those questions so well because I thought they were really straightforward. My teacher said that hardly any students choose the constitution so they are often more lenient when marking for that section so let's hope eh do that!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending