Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Manic Street Preachers society

Announcements Posted on
We're up for a Webby! Vote TSR to help us win. 10-04-2014
    • 63 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alofleicester)
    aah, what happened to this society? does it still exist?
    if it doesn't then we should revive it

(Original post by -aimz)
    It should!
    Did anyone here go to the massive gig at the O2 last month? It was absolutely fantastic, one of the best nights of my life. I think it got universally positive reviews, I haven't heard a single person say they didn't have a good time!
    ah, I wanted to, but tickets cost too much for me sounds like it was great from the reviews yeah, would love to see them live
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SciFiBoy)
    ah, I wanted to, but tickets cost too much for me sounds like it was great from the reviews yeah, would love to see them live
    I think the tickets could have been a lot more expensive, a lot of artists charge about £50-60 for arena shows! And we worked out it was good value for money at about £1 per song haha.
    Definitely watch some videos of it on Youtube, my highlights were Love's Sweet Exile, You Love Us and Revol, which was INCREDIBLE. Such a good atmosphere down the front. During Design For Life I burst into tears and Nicky noticed me from the stage and pointed at me as if to see if I was okay
    • 63 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -aimz)
    I think the tickets could have been a lot more expensive, a lot of artists charge about £50-60 for arena shows! And we worked out it was good value for money at about £1 per song haha.
    Definitely watch some videos of it on Youtube, my highlights were Love's Sweet Exile, You Love Us and Revol, which was INCREDIBLE. Such a good atmosphere down the front. During Design For Life I burst into tears and Nicky noticed me from the stage and pointed at me as if to see if I was okay
    I know, just money was pretty tight for me last term! cool, I will look the videos up yeah. neat you were right at the front then?
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SciFiBoy)
    if it doesn't then we should revive it

Yes we should.

I didn't either, that was during my "less money than Greece" stage, I really wanna go see them live, I've watched videos on youtube and they seem to put on a cracking live show.
    • 63 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yes we should.

I didn't either, that was during my "less money than Greece" stage, I really wanna go see them live, I've watched videos on youtube and they seem to put on a cracking live show.
    im listening to Rendition atm

I read about it coming up just after paying a load of bills with my loan, was gutted! so many bands I would love to see live, but have no money or people to go with most of the time :erm:
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Likewise - well never people, I went to Kasabian at DeMont Hall in '09 (just before the release of WRPLA) on my own. Ended up next to one of my friends from primary school that I hadn't seen in 3-4 years mind.

Also going to see Enter Shikari at the cockpit in Leeds next Wednesday on me lonesome - ticket included in my album pre-order & from where I am it's like a 4-5 pound train journey.

But I am so frequently very poor. I sort of had a discovering the manics point: Look in dads record collection for something to listen to ---> Like it ---> trip to music store ---> No money.
    And being unemployed at the time that money wasn't fast replaced. :emo:
    • 63 followers

ReputationRep:
    Likewise - well never people, I went to Kasabian at DeMont Hall in '09 (just before the release of WRPLA) on my own. Ended up next to one of my friends from primary school that I hadn't seen in 3-4 years mind.

Also going to see Enter Shikari at the cockpit in Leeds next Wednesday on me lonesome - ticket included in my album pre-order & from where I am it's like a 4-5 pound train journey.

But I am so frequently very poor. I sort of had a discovering the manics point: Look in dads record collection for something to listen to ---> Like it ---> trip to music store ---> No money.
    And being unemployed at the time that money wasn't fast replaced. :emo:
    cool, Kasabian are good, have some of there stuff

I would rather go with people myself, get really bad social anxiety so at least if with people I know wouldn't be so bad!

I tend to end up poor, waste my loan on food and booze

I discovered them a couple of years ago, just after starting Uni, needed something to listen to and wanted it to be something political so my friend recommended them to me listened to The Everlasting and If You Tolerate This and loved them so downloaded Forever Delayed and now I have all their stuff
    • 63 followers

ReputationRep:
    BUMPITY BUMP

http://www.manicstreetpreachers.com/...ion_terrorists
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I absolutely adore the Manics! Each album's great for different reasons and for different moods, whether you want to rock around to Generation Terrorists or Everything Must Go, or enjoy something quieter & more introspective like Rewind The Film or Lifeblood. Can't wait for Futurology to come out and the see them live in March!!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: January 2, 2014
Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.