Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ten best players in the world

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiddlyWiddly)
    Lucas Moura is just as good as him. I think Ganso is the over rated one.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    He's not perhaps the same level but Ganso is still a good player, he wants to play in Italy which probably will suit him but I think the problem will be the price. He's on a big contract and Santos only own just over 50% of him so they'll be looking for silly money. Just have to hope that a lot of the South American talent don't make daft moves to china and the likes, ridiculous that Guangzhou Evergrande have Conca and Barrios for next season :lol:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mau5)
    He's not perhaps the same level but Ganso is still a good player, he wants to play in Italy which probably will suit him but I think the problem will be the price. He's on a big contract and Santos only own just over 50% of him so they'll be looking for silly money. Just have to hope that a lot of the South American talent don't make daft moves to china and the likes, ridiculous that Guangzhou Evergrande have Conca and Barrios for next season :lol:
    Yeah he's okay, but I'm not sure how the physical Italian league would suit him? Haha, all the top talent in South America, especially Brazil have outrageous price tags. Lol, I know right? And all the 'past-their-prime' players get paid like crazy for playing in Qatar or the MLS! Oh well, it makes the leagues a tad more exciting nevertheless.

• 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    Lucas Moura is just as good as him. I think Ganso is the over rated one.

I don't think anyone who actually watches the league believes Lucas Moura, at the moment, is anywhere near the ability of Neymar. At 17 Lucas was immense but he hasn't really been able to step up fully since he moved up.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mess.)
    I don't think anyone who actually watches the league believes Lucas Moura, at the moment, is anywhere near the ability of Neymar. At 17 Lucas was immense but he hasn't really been able to step up fully since he moved up.
    I agree with your point, but if you see throughout this season, Lucas has created way too many chances which his team mates have failed to finish. I think it would be more appropriate to compare Lucas to Ganso, although I think he's at the same level with Neymar. It's just that Neymar has been more clinical over this season.

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ozil better than Rooney :rofl:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Why is Robben making these lists? Mediocre last few months of the season. Ribery has been the driving force.

Messi Ronaldo Ozil Falcao Kompany RVP Xavi Puyol (though he's injured) Zlatan Neuer.

This sort of thing never works anyway, a World XI thread is usually more fair for defenders and midfielders.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Messi in my opinion is overrated and not the best player in the world as he does **** for Argentina, and got thrashed in the world cup germany. The score line doesn't matter, what matters is if it was Barcelona vs Germany, germany would have cried. If Messi was a spanish international playing for spain he would have been the best player. Given his international performance, he sucks monkey balls. I would rate him in the top 10 but certainly not number 1 . He hasn't been performing, and the excuse of the team doesn't count here, as Argentina always had a good squad and always will.

I believe that Ribery and Robben should be in the lists, when those guys are in form especially Robben(given not injured as ALWAYS), they pwn.

Iker cassias, NO WAY in hell is he the best goal keeper. ANYTHING he saves in his club level is because of the courtesy of the Spanish league. The league is not competitive at all. Barcelona or Real. Thats all folks. However, I do agree he's a great goalkeeper. Top 3 for sure.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    1) Lionel Messi
    2) Franco Di Santo
    3) David N'gog
    4) Christiano Ronaldo
    5) Arjen Robben
    6) Scott Dann
    7) James Perch
    8) Sergio Aguero
    9) Robben Van Persie
    10) Michael Owen

:awesome:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 007Shella)
    I know this much... Messi is NUMBER 1.
    And yet under pressure the best player in the world ALSO in TOP form collapses against chelsea in the champions league semis and misses a crucial penalty. Messi is great, NOT number 1. What you know is probably based on assumption and what others think, observe carefully, and you'll find out that Messi is a brilliant player but does not deserve number 1. I would put him in the top 3 to be more specific.
    I personally think Christiano Ronaldo is better than Messi.
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Warfare)
    And yet under pressure the best player in the world ALSO in TOP form collapses against chelsea in the champions league semis and misses a crucial penalty. Messi is great, NOT number 1. What you know is probably based on assumption and what others think, observe carefully, and you'll find out that Messi is a brilliant player but does not deserve number 1. I would put him in the top 3 to be more specific.
    Jog on...
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    1) Lionel Messi
    2) Cristiano Ronaldo

In no particular order (it's hard to list the others):

Robin van Persie
    Zlatan Ibrahimovic
    Radamel Falcao
    Mesut Ozil
    Andrea Pirlo
    Yaya Toure
    Vincent Kompany
    Philipp Lahm
    Manuel Neuer

5 attackers, 3 midfielders and 3 defenders. Tried to make it as balanced as possible (even though defenders probably deserve their own list).

Honourable mentions: Gomez, Rooney, Schweinsteiger, Xavi, Hummels, T. Silva, Cole, Casillas.

(Original post by dennisthe3rd)
    Ozil better than Rooney :rofl:
    Funny thing is, he probably has been. Assist leader in La Liga (17), and overall has 23 assists and 7 goals this season. Aside from Ronaldo, he's been Madrid's best player.

(Original post by Warfare)
    I don't know why you're complaining about Cl semi finals and penalties. Did you forget that Ronaldo missed one too?

And, please, enlighten on what Ronaldo did for the next 100 or so minutes after he scored a penalty and a tap in from 6 yards out with Neuer out of position? At least Messi was active. Ronaldo went completely missing and became a passenger.
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    people negging my list when in no way did i say it was a set list and this is what everyone should think. Man up and tell me your disagreement instead of just negging me losers.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vijay2010)
    I really don't think he would be! He's playing in the Brazilian league, where the quality of teams are nowhere near the quality in Europe.
    If he moves to Europe and still performs, then I would gladly agree with you
    I agree that Neymar needs to be tested in a top league before he can really be called one of the world's greatest.

But I don't think he's overrated. His skill is undeniable and he was brilliant time and again last season. And he's still only 20.
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    Anyone who says Sneijder (or Forlan for that matter) clearly doesn't watch any football and goes off reputations. Both have been awful since the WC.

These sorts of lists are always unfair on defenders and goalkeepers anyway.
    Anyone who says forlan is on crack. He's been terrible.
    I do think that diego milito deserves a mention though. He had a poor 10-11 campaign, but lets not forget he was the best striker in europe the season before(messi was a winger at the time and so was ronaldo) but this season especially in the second half of the season he's been an absolute beast. He could be considered as good as aguero in all honesty.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah he's okay, but I'm not sure how the physical Italian league would suit him? Haha, all the top talent in South America, especially Brazil have outrageous price tags. Lol, I know right? And all the 'past-their-prime' players get paid like crazy for playing in Qatar or the MLS! Oh well, it makes the leagues a tad more exciting nevertheless.

I think he'd be alright, he's pretty much identical to what Kaka was like physically when he moved to Milan and he settled in pretty easily. I know there's talk of a possible deal with Robinho going in the opposite direction which would probably be good for both clubs.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I can't think of 10 but I'll do it by position.
    Goalkeeper: Neuer, this is a hard one but in terms of his shot stopping and commanding his area I think he's the best, I would of included Reina a few years ago because of his distribution being top class.

RB: Lahm, I think he's sound attacking and defence wise, Sagna close second.
    LB: Cole, same resons as Lahm.
    CB: Puyol, he does play for arguably the best team in the world but because of the way they attack he's often left isolated but his reading of the game is still top class. I think It's harder to defend in a high line than a deep one than people think.
    DM(Regista): I think Pirlo is still the best, he still dominates games at his age.
    DM(Anchor): Lucas, I might be biased but i think his reading of the game and positiong is exceptional.
    CM: Iniesta, I know i'm missing Xavi but his ability to play out wide and as an attacking midfielder makes him tactically versatile.
    CM(box to box: Toure, incredibly hard to stop running from deep
    AM:Gerrard As a pure attacking midfielder with no defensive responsibility I think he's the best even though I think he's extremely limited elswhere.
    Winger: Valencia As a pure winger who can stretch play and send good crosses in at pace I think he's the best.
    Inverted winger: Ronaldo/Pedro/,Ronaldo is self explanatory but even though Pedro is not the best technically his movement is exceptional and creates good spaces for Messi.
    Striker(Pure): Drogba, can come deep and combine with the midfield, stretch play the other way, hold the ball up, exceptional in general.
    Striker(false 9): Used to be Totti, now it's Messi.
    Striker( Target Man) : Llorente
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Messi
    Ronaldo
    Xavi
    Iniesta
    RVP
    Kompany
    Ozil
    Schweinsteiger
    Lahm
    Neuer
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by checkolad)
    AM: As a pure attacking midfielder with no defensive responsibility I think he's the best even though I think he's extremely limited elswhere.
    who?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by implus)
    who?
    oops, meant to put Gerrard.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mau5)
    I think he'd be alright, he's pretty much identical to what Kaka was like physically when he moved to Milan and he settled in pretty easily. I know there's talk of a possible deal with Robinho going in the opposite direction which would probably be good for both clubs.
    That would be nice if it goes through, but I still have my doubts over how he'd cope with the physicality. But wait, if you're going to get Ganso, what's the point in signing Montolivo on a free transfer? Who'll be the back up haha?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 25, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.