Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

Swapping modules between Further Maths and Add. Further Maths

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys.

Does anyone know if it's possible that the board (Edexcel) would switch and swap the modules around to suit me? For example, putting M4 in my Further Maths modules instead of the Additional Maths ones and M3 in Add. Further Maths etc. to get a better grade in Further Maths? Hope you can understand what I'm getting at

Cheers,

Steve.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    They definitely do arrange the modules to a set purpose.

I only know that Maths takes priority over Further Maths (since I am not doing Additional)

Modules will be placed so that the highest possible grade in Maths will be achieved first, but of course with the best outcome for your Further Maths at this grade.

I would assume that the same is true for Further Maths, but I am not sure of it.

That being said, since any module 2 or above counts towards the A* in Further Maths, if your M4 would achieve this but M3 not, I believe they would arrange it so that your A* in Further Maths is achieved.

You should ask your teacher whether Further Maths is considered the next most important I guess
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the detailed reply

I figured that's how it probably worked but I wasn't sure as someone mentioned not being able to use M1 FM and M2 in Maths etc, but I guess they'll become a bit more lenient as the modules get tougher..

I would ask my teachers but none of them have/had taught Further Maths A2 before, yet alone Additional Further Maths so I doubt they know themselves

Thanks though, very helpful.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 21, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.