The Student Room Group

OCR GCSE Product Design: Designing Influences Exam

Hi, is anybody doing this exam?
This exam is really weird
I mean i dont really know what to revise other than the design movement our school has chosen :s-smilie:
Anybody got suggestions?
Reply 1
what is the design movement youre studying? i'm doing this exam on Friday and my design movement is Memphis

i'm also revising marketing strategy/plan and the difference between ergonomic, aesthetic and anthropometric. i too don't know what else to revise
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by MaxFisher67
what is the design movement youre studying? i'm doing this exam on Friday and my design movement is Memphis

i'm also revising marketing strategy/plan and the difference between ergonomic, aesthetic and anthropometric. i too don't know what else to revise

Im doing memphis as well, just get into the mindset of designing in memphis, choose a random product, memphis style it, do the required documents they told you in school, this will hopefully refine you skill
Hey guys,
i'm also doing the exam tomorrow and i was wondering whether we have to know about one or two of the design movements? Also i dont understand how to design in their style :s if you were to take memphis for example would you just do like bold colours and wacky designs, the whole aesthetics before function thing? i'm very confused, this is such a hard exam to revise for. :frown:
Reply 4
Original post by LizzieColville
Hey guys,
i'm also doing the exam tomorrow and i was wondering whether we have to know about one or two of the design movements? Also i dont understand how to design in their style :s if you were to take memphis for example would you just do like bold colours and wacky designs, the whole aesthetics before function thing? i'm very confused, this is such a hard exam to revise for. :frown:

Hope you read this before the exam.
The exam requires you to remember the key feautures of the memphis design e.g. large structure, marble base, mix use of traditional and modern materials, vivid colours.
You only choose one design movement
I suggest you have a quick look of the past papers here:
http://www.ocr.org.uk/qualifications/type/gcse/dt/product_design/documents/
The section A is the most worrying, as the questions are tooo confusing :cry2:
Original post by zabi1
Hope you read this before the exam.
The exam requires you to remember the key feautures of the memphis design e.g. large structure, marble base, mix use of traditional and modern materials, vivid colours.
You only choose one design movement
I suggest you have a quick look of the past papers here:
http://www.ocr.org.uk/qualifications/type/gcse/dt/product_design/documents/
The section A is the most worrying, as the questions are tooo confusing :cry2:

Yeaaah i got it before the exam thank you. :smile: i thought it went quite well today though, but i agree section A is definitely the harder of the two, still thank you for the help. :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by LizzieColville
Yeaaah i got it before the exam thank you. :smile: i thought it went quite well today though, but i agree section A is definitely the harder of the two, still thank you for the help. :smile:

I rushed the end :frown:, i focused too much on section A, didnt do development other than draw my design again and rushed the final idea.
However i have a cushioning of a B as this was a retake, but i want an A, hopefully this exam was hard for most people so boundaries are lower

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending