The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA Law Unit 2: Law in Action 25th May 2012 Exam Paper

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by LizzyHardy
What did you get for the question in criminal about the girl returning to Nell, intending to commit theft and then running away? :s-smilie:

I got robbery as he used force immediately before the theft. I used the case R v Hale and the act section 8 of the theft act 1968

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 21
Is it possible for me to get an A even if I didnt use that many key cases to relate my answers to? I only used about 4 key cases and thought that wasn't enough?
Reply 22
Original post by Memphis93
Is it possible for me to get an A even if I didnt use that many key cases to relate my answers to? I only used about 4 key cases and thought that wasn't enough?

You don't have to always use cases but to get the higher marks you would need authority (case/act) or both. What topics did you do?

Reply 23
I did Criminal Law and Tort
Reply 24
I did Criminal Law and Tort

How did you find them?

Reply 25
Original post by Smarticus
How did you find them?

I found them surprisingly okay, I thoroughly elaborated on my answers, however I still have this strange feeling of not having written well enough. How about you? How did you find your exam?
Reply 26
I found them surprisingly okay, I thoroughly elaborated on my answers, however I still have this strange feeling of not having written well enough. How about you? How did you find your exam?

I actually thought it was a good exam and was happy that burglary did not come up. It was fair exam. Hopefully I get my A* which I'm aiming for.

Reply 27
How did people find Law in general? The exams, topics etc. and does anyone want to druthers their knowledge on later life?

Reply 28
Does anyone know what the grade boundaries have previously been? :smile:
Reply 29
Original post by LizzyHardy
Does anyone know what the grade boundaries have previously been? :smile:

Grade boundaries were generally low for the past few years. As far as I know you were allowed to drop approximately 30 marks and still get an A :smile:
Reply 30
Grade boundaries were generally low for the past few years. As far as I know you were allowed to drop approximately 30 marks and still get an A :smile:

Damn that's incredibly low, but remember its the overall mark that counts I guess

does anyone know grade boundaries cos it was harder than last year thank u
Reply 32
Original post by simplyateen
does anyone know grade boundaries cos it was harder than last year thank u

Normally around 52-54 for an A* :wink:
Reply 33
Normally around 52-54 for an A* :wink:

What did you get in unit 1? And what are you expecting overall?

Reply 34
Original post by Smarticus
What did you get in unit 1? And what are you expecting overall?

I did both Unit 1 and Unit 2 at the same time, as my teacher decided to cover the whole material first, and then when we finished the entire syllabus we were just practising etc. I'm expected A/B. How about you? :smile:
Reply 35
Ohh my teacher taught unit 1 first and then we did the test I got an A* which I worked really hard for and hopefully I try to do the same in unit 2.

Reply 36
How did everyone find the law exam and what topics did you do? Law of tort, criminal or family?

I thought it was ok, but ran out of time as well :frown: When do we get our results back anyway ???
Reply 38
Original post by studybunny86
I thought it was ok, but ran out of time as well :frown: When do we get our results back anyway ???

I managed to finish everything on time and generally thought it was okay. We get back our results THURSDAY 23RD OF AUGUST, 2012, GCSE RESULTS DAY!
Reply 39
If you did criminal and family and you remember the question, let's compare the answers

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending