AQA GCSE Biology 2 Higher 21st May Exam

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
i think the grade boundaries will be
32= A*
27= A
24= B
Original post by ukulele96
That what I got, but the problem was that I forgot to mention that the dominant allele caused it :angry: Oh well... did anyone get for the very last question that you had no way of knowing that they went with probability which meant that it could have been either HH or Hh?

You should still get at least 2 marks for it then, it's sort of implied that it must have been dominant if you got the right genotypes :smile:
For the last question I put pretty much the same as you. I just said you'd need to know about the alleles of the other cat (I think it was cat C?) in order to know.
Reply 22
Original post by osama2
thats correct! well done! u had to say 75% have the disease. 25% are normal.

Ohh i didn't mention that :s-smilie: i said that looking from the diagram, 4 out of the 6 cats have the disorder.. this shows that its more than 50% which is why its dominant... lol messed it up pretty bad
Reply 23
Ok cool, what did people get for the Carbon Cycle question then? I was a bit confused, but I just explained how it can be decomposed and then becomes fertiliser, and stuff... but i swear it has nitrates in it which is why it's good, so the carbon part confused me...
Reply 24
what did everyone put for the times? where they exactly met?
and did anyone get 21 as an answer for any of the questions?
Reply 25
Original post by Taliahart
What did you guys write for the carbon cycle question? :/

Microorgansims break down the faeces and take in the carbon compounds in it. This carbon is released into the atmosphere when the micro organisms respire. The grass plants take this carbon in during photosynthesis.
Reply 26
Original post by frank35
Ohh i didn't mention that :s-smilie: i said that looking from the diagram, 4 out of the 6 cats have the disorder.. this shows that its more than 50% which is why its dominant... lol messed it up pretty bad

Don't worry, you won't lose marks for putting something like that. I expect you'll get at least one for saying 2 x Hh, and if you drew a diagram that'll be at least another one! :smile:
Reply 27
Original post by frank35
Microorgansims break down the faeces and take in the carbon compounds in it. This carbon is released into the atmosphere when the micro organisms respire. The grass plants take this carbon in during photosynthesis.

That makes a lot of sense...shame I didn't think of it in the exam :frown: I wrote an apology note to the examiner, for the amount of pure crap they'd have to read in my paper!
Reply 28
Don't worry, you won't lose marks for putting something like that. I expect you'll get at least one for saying 2 x Hh, and if you drew a diagram that'll be at least another one! :smile:

ahh right thank you :smile: hopefully the grade boundaries are low lol
The last Question was really hard, i had a random guess at it. There was no mention of it being Dominant or Recessive.

What do you guys get for the Graph Question about Glucose Concentration?
Reply 30
Original post by frank35

Oh!!!!! Makes so much more sense now!

And I got 7:30 am and pm... not sure if that's right... i also got 11 and 22... (I think)
Original post by frank35

Wasnt it 4/8 cats have disorder?
Reply 32
That makes a lot of sense...shame I didn't think of it in the exam :frown: I wrote an apology note to the examiner, for the amount of pure crap they'd have to read in my paper!

don't worry :smile: because i think if you talked about nutrients you would still get marks :smile:
Original post by osama2

I put 7:30am and 7:30pm. I wasn't sure on that question though.
Nope I didn't get 21 I don't think.
Reply 34
Original post by HopelessTurtle
Wasnt it 4/8 cats have disorder?

No, it was 4 out of 6
There were 6 children
The extra 2 were two other cats that two of the children had breeded with
Reply 35
Original post by HopelessTurtle
The last Question was really hard, i had a random guess at it. There was no mention of it being Dominant or Recessive.

What do you guys get for the Graph Question about Glucose Concentration?

Exactly! It took me ages to work out it must be dominant!

I said he could be diabetic because;
1. It took him a long time for his blood sugar levels to return to normal after the dirnk (3 hours).
2. His blood sugar levels rose an unusual amount in comparison to person B

Not too sure though!
Original post by osama2
did u put protease and amaylase as one of ur answers?

Yeah i got Protease and Amylase as well.
Reply 37
Original post by osama2

7.30 am and 7.30 pm

But I got 11 and 33 ( I think you had to add 22 and 11)
Exactly! It took me ages to work out it must be dominant!

I said he could be diabetic because;
1. It took him a long time for his blood sugar levels to return to normal after the dirnk (3 hours).
2. His blood sugar levels rose an unusual amount in comparison to person B

Not too sure though!

I got:
1. His Blood Glucose Level was high before he drank the drink
2. His Blood level rose much higher than the other person.

What about the time at which Rate of Photosynthesis and Respiration was the same?
For the carbon question, I said they used the glucose and starch in the waste to respire and converted the glucose into carbon dioxide, which can then be used by other plants for photosynthesis.

For the last question, I got the ratios wrong I think. I wrote 4/6 of their kittens have the inherited disease :s

What did you guys get fro the yeast?

I wrote that the yeast was too dry to break down the lipid casing, but I have feeling it is wrong.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending