The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Biology 2 Higher 21st May Exam

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Taliahart
7.30 am and 7.30 pm

But I got 11 and 33 ( I think you had to add 22 and 11)

I got 11 and 22 for on of the the answers.
The time question i absolutely failed, i got something like 8.40pm and 3am. - Yeah i think that's wrong.
7.30 am and 7.30 pm

I got 7 am and 7pm D:
Reply 42
7.30 am and 7.30 pm

33 would make sense if.... so you had to add the amount from underneath aswell... silly me :P
Original post by ukulele96
Oh, and what did you put for what the person with the pond should also look at about the plant? In the end I wrote, "What it looks like" :wink: hehe

I put the conditions it lives in?
I think the answers might have been, how large it grows? :confused:
Reply 44
did anyone else find the bean plant question hard?! the graph was so confusing!!!!!!
Reply 45
Original post by elfandwonderful
I got 7 am and 7pm D:

You could be right, I'm not claiming I am (I found it pretty hard :frown:)
But I imagine they'll probably allow 7-8 or something?
What was the absolutely last question?
I put it was a carrier?:confused: No idea.
Original post by osama2
thats correct! well done! u had to say 75% have the disease. 25% are normal.

I wrote down the ratio of having disease to not having disease was 3:1. Is this right, will it matter if i didnt get the allelles correct. I put Hh and hh i think.
Reply 48
Original post by HopelessTurtle
What was the absolutely last question?
I put it was a carrier?:confused: No idea.

I put something about how things don't always conform to probability and that there was a chance that it was Hh because if all of the offspring had gained the H then they would all have it... :smile: but it could aslo have been HH cos none of them didn't have it.
Reply 49
what did everyone put for the capsule one? said it needs to be in a capsule because if it was released it would go in the stomach which had a high PH. this wuld denature the enzyme. what did everyone else get?
Reply 50
Can i ask what you got for what Cat D was? I got HH and Hh i think.

that is what I just wrote... -_- so yh I got HH and Hh not sure if it's right though!
Reply 51
Original post by osama2
what did everyone put for the capsule one? said it needs to be in a capsule because if it was released it would go in the stomach which had a high PH. this wuld denature the enzyme. what did everyone else get?

I wrote something about how if it needs to get to a certain place to be used, then it needs to dissolve in that place, and that place only, hence why the lipase would be the enzyme to digest the outer coating.
Reply 52
Reply 53
Yeah i got Protease and Amylase as well.

Could you have written carbohydrase?
Original post by osama2
answer was Hh and Hh and hyou had to say 75% chance of getting that disease. the other 25% was normal. unofficial mark scheme anyone?

damnit, i completely screwed up that question :frown:
Original post by Ketchup!
Could you have written carbohydrase?

i think that's right
Original post by ukulele96
I wrote something about how if it needs to get to a certain place to be used, then it needs to dissolve in that place, and that place only, hence why the lipase would be the enzyme to digest the outer coating.

i wrote something along the same lines
Reply 57
Original post by osama2

i think you had to say that bile from the small intestine emulsifies the lipids on the outside or something like that
Reply 58
I put the conditions it lives in?
I think the answers might have been, how large it grows? :confused:

Better than my answer:
Colour.
Reply 59
Original post by kkkkkatie
i think you had to say that bile from the small intestine emulsifies the lipids on the outside or something like that

Oh no I think you're absolutely right - I completely forget about that! :frown:

Quick Reply