The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Biology 2 Higher 21st May Exam

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by Scruff the cat
For Cat D I but that it would be either HH or Hh - so the phenotype for this cat is a disabled leg, you'd have to look at its genetic material to find out exactly which one. That sound alright?

HH and Hh right, but I think you had to say it could be either because the dominant allele always affects the phenotype, and if there is a dominant, the recessive has no use :smile:
Can anyone tell me what questions 4,5,6,7 and 8 were about again, so I can finish off this skeleton mark scheme?
Reply 142
Approximately how many questions can you get wrong to get an A?
Reply 143
Original post by Zara_ak
Approximately how many questions can you get wrong to get an A?

About 18 marks I'd say, think 27 will be A, not sure though
Reply 144
Original post by k.lunstone
exactly! there hasnt been a single exam where the bounday was as high as 36 for an A* for this specification.The average A* boundary seems to be around 31-33 for most other papers, and for hard ones 26 and for easy ones 34 ish so the chances are, since most people found this exam challenging it will be around 30 not 36!

You give me hope!! haha hopefully not false hope :woo:
Reply 145
What were the carbon cycle questions? I put something about microorganisms breaking down whatever into nutrients and minerals that the grass can absorb them, for one of the answers. But that is wrong? . . .
Question 7 was on plants / maths / respiration / photosynthesis
Question 8 was on cats / genetics

Can't remember the rest :eek:
Original post by Aidanb90
What were the carbon cycle questions? I put something about microorganisms breaking down whatever into nutrients and minerals that the grass can absorb them, for one of the answers. But that is wrong? . . .

microorganisms feed on the waste, taking in the carbon compounds and using the energy to respire releasing CO2 back into the air which plants then take back and use for photosynthesis to produce glucose for growth
Reply 148
would i get any marks for the capsule question?
i put: if it was released before then it would go in the stomach. the PH will be too high and cause the enzyme to denature.
any marks for this?
Original post by osama2
would i get any marks for the capsule question?
i put: if it was released before then it would go in the stomach. the PH will be too high and cause the enzyme to denature.
any marks for this?

too HIGH? the ph in the stomach is pretty low i thought, like 1 or 2 cos theres Hydrochloric acid in there
Original post by kkkkkatie
i think you had to say that bile from the small intestine emulsifies the lipids on the outside or something like that

Thats what i put, once bile in small intestines broken down /emulsified fat of lipid coating the lipase enzymes would be released :smile:
Reply 151
I think the paper went okay. I found June 2011 easier, though. And that was 26 for an A*. I don't think an A* will be higher than 30 for this.

For the question where you had to mention the two times, I guess 7:30am and 7:30pm so I'm glad other people got that too! :biggrin:
Original post by jacqueline789
Thats what i put, once bile in small intestines broken down /emulsified fat of lipid coating the lipase enzymes would be released :smile:

i could be massively wrong ( probably am) but isnt bile found in the stomach? not in small intestine?
Reply 153
Original post by Fas
i could be massively wrong ( probably am) but isnt bile found in the stomach? not in small intestine?

Produced by liver works in the small intestine to neutralise the stomach acid LOL I know its confusing :smile:
Reply 154
For the graph one.. i put 7am and 7pm :frown: not 7:30am and 7:30pm... could anyone please tell me if theres likely to be a range of answers that you can put..
Original post by maxtate
Produced by liver works in the small intestine to neutralise the stomach acid LOL I know its confusing :smile:

haha oh right lol :biggrin: meh i didnt put anything about bile, but was only one mark question possible 2 :smile:
Original post by frank35
For the graph one.. i put 7am and 7pm :frown: not 7:30am and 7:30pm... could anyone please tell me if theres likely to be a range of answers that you can put..

yeah there will be a range but it will be + 5 mins or - 5 mins , not +- 30 mins :frown:
Reply 157
i dont remember the question but would i get markks for writing amylase and carbohydrase in the question about the pancreas ??????
Is there a unofficial mark scheme for this please anyonee?
Reply 159
For the pancreas question, because I saw "lipase", I thought it was fatty acids and glycerol. :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending