The Student Room Group

People next door are using their pressure washer every day- hose pipe ban

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by I<3LAMP
Ok bad phrasing but whining about it requires an element of manning up. :smile:

I'll rephrase: Get over it OP, hose pipe ban is almost over -apparently anyway.

Its not almost over. The resviors are still empty. What is required is winter rain to replenish the resviors not spring rain. I guess you have never studied hydrology like i have...
Original post by sharp910sh
Its not almost over. The resviors are still empty. What is required is winter rain to replenish the resviors not spring rain. I guess you have never studied hydrology like i have...

I definitely haven't studied hydrology.

These hose pipe bans don't affect me as I don't have a garden and I don't use hoses.

However a few dirty great big pipes have burst near me and I imagine that's wasted FAR more water than has been saved by hose pipe banning in my local area. There was loads of water and took a while to rectify too which was shameful.

Though improving Victorian pipes will be far more costly even if it saves more water overall in the future.

You are right however, Thames water predicts there will be a ban for a good while to come:

http://www.hosepipeban.org.uk/2012/05/02/wettest-april-but-hosepipe-ban-remains/

If you report your neighbours, do they get a fine?
Solution- Live in Scotland where there is no ban.... :smile:
Reply 63
Original post by I<3LAMP
I definitely haven't studied hydrology.

These hose pipe bans don't affect me as I don't have a garden and I don't use hoses.

However a few dirty great big pipes have burst near me and I imagine that's wasted FAR more water than has been saved by hose pipe banning in my local area. There was loads of water and took a while to rectify too which was shameful.

Though improving Victorian pipes will be far more costly even if it saves more water overall in the future.

You are right however, Thames water predicts there will be a ban for a good while to come:

http://www.hosepipeban.org.uk/2012/05/02/wettest-april-but-hosepipe-ban-remains/

If you report your neighbours, do they get a fine?

If they don't listen and keep using their hosepipe or pressure washer they will get a fine. Not my problem. The south has no water.
Reply 64
Blad, yur so gayy I swear down
Are you one of those people who never grew out of the 'I'm telling on you!' phase?
Reply 66

Original post by Cake Faced Kid.
Are you one of those people who never grew out of the 'I'm telling on you!' phase?

Shut up man. hold up so if everyone used up all the water. then what would you do? use a standpipe? get a bucket of water to flush your toilet? wash your clothes by hand? bathe you self with a bucket of water a sponge? you are a loser.

Shut up man. hold up so if everyone used up all the water. then what would you do? use a standpipe? get a bucket of water to flush your toilet? wash your clothes by hand? bathe you self with a bucket of water a sponge? you are a loser.

It's not the desert. If the worst came to the worst, I would use a rainwater collection system to collect the water that seems to still be falling, use grey water for flushing toilets etc.
I do wash my clothes by hand, I don't have a washing machine.

But I can guarantee that one man using his pressure cleaner will not cause all the water to be 'used up.'

Also, there are other methods of getting water, such as purifying sea water, which is expensive, but would probably be managed to prevent water being collected from a sandpipe. :rolleyes:
Original post by Marcus4004
Solution- Live in Scotland where there is no ban.... :smile:

I just run my hose all day and laugh like a maniac.
The best part is I live in a flat.
Omg, no one cares.
Reply 70
If your concerned about saving water how about having a sponge bath as the norm, and have a shower 3 times a week instead - that would save much more water. (PS. I know it sounds gross)
Reply 71
snitch much..?
Reply 72
Pressure washers are allowed in hosepipe bans. Derpface.jpg
Reply 73
Don't be a snake, my neighnours moan about everything their so annoying
Reply 74

Your parents and grand parents probably did that, jeez young people these days
reported.

You dick.
Yes, report them.
Reply 77
dont be one of them neighbours every1 hates
They're ignoring the hose pipe ban?

13763d1331074498-diablo-iii-cinematic-trailer-28-2-2012-mother-god-meme.jpg

Get me the prime minister

i could understand if you didn't like your neighbours if they ran over your dog or something, but ignoring the hose-pipe ban is the pettiest crime possible. do you have nothing better to do or is this some sort of hobby of yours to report the most pathetic of misdemenours?
:smile:
Ned Flanders, is that you?

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending