Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What to wear with this Grecian dress? (surgery issue)

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

It looks boring and the belt looks a bit tacky so I'd be removing it. Is there any way I can make it look more interesting?

Bearing in mind, I'd be wearing it with black tights too (this is because I have quite a bit of major scaring from an operation I had on my leg a few years ago so I'm not confident enough to bare my legs. ) would it even look ok with black tights?

What kind of accessories would you suggest? Shoes etc. Thanks in advance!
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeeDeeRee)

It looks boring and the belt looks a bit tacky so I'd be removing it. Is there any way I can make it look more interesting?

Bearing in mind, I'd be wearing it with black tights too (this is because I have quite a bit of major scaring from an operation I had on my leg a few years ago so I'm not confident enough to bare my legs. ) would it even look ok with black tights?

What kind of accessories would you suggest? Shoes etc. Thanks in advance!
    I think it would look fine with black tights.
    Personally I would wear it with black shoes and then lots of gold jewellery.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I can't imagine it looking right with black tights tbh cos it looks quite long? I don't think tights + long skirts/dresses look right together.
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's a gorgeous dress, wear the tights!

I'd get rid of the belt too. Try putting black ribbon where the belt goes?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Popppppy)
    I think it would look fine with black tights.
    Personally I would wear it with black shoes and then lots of gold jewellery.
    (Original post by Vixen47)

Thank you for your suggestions!

(Original post by sarahthegemini)
    I can't imagine it looking right with black tights tbh cos it looks quite long? I don't think tights + long skirts/dresses look right together.
    That's what I thought but as it's asymmetric and I'm quite tall (5'10"), it's not as long on me as it would be on your average British woman. So perhaps it wouldn't be so bad?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Black tights, gold heels, black and gold jewellery . Replace the belt with a black one, maybe with a gold buckle.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for your suggestions!

That's what I thought but as it's asymmetric and I'm quite tall (5'10"), it's not as long on me as it would be on your average British woman. So perhaps it wouldn't be so bad?
    Could you post a picture of you wearing it with the tights?
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    Snip
    (Original post by Vixen47)

I really really like this idea, I was thinking maybe get a belt similar to that one but in black so it doesn't look so tacky but a ribbon sounds even better than that - and the black ribbon will go with the black tights. Match your bag with your shoes (and possibly jewellery), I'd personally go grey shoes, grey bag, silver jewellery (because I don't like wearing black tights with black shoes) and make sure the tights are plain and quite sheer. And with a strapless dress I would say always wear a necklace.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 21, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.