The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Blissika
It will take at least 3 months. Don't listen to anybody who says it'll take a week or two because trust me it won't. I applied for mine back in January and still got nothing so yeah it'll take a good few month

Some people get theirs in a week. Mine took well over a year so it varies a lot.
Reply 61
Original post by Blissika
I have been waiting a few months now and I still haven't got it

then it is not coming ...!
Only a week for me or less
Yeah cause I tried to get it online but my passport want expired so they sent me out a form that I had to sign and put a updated picture on that was authorized, I also sent my passport and birth lines away today with a first classed stamp so hoping to get it back in 2-3 weeks max haha
Reply 64
I applied in September 2001if I remember and till this day I haven't received anything. I bought a brand new car in 2001 that I was meant to drive but I couldn't without my provisional licence. Now the car is very old as it's 2016. I called them and the said I'll receive it within 7 working days. So yea just keep waiting and stay calm.
I applied via paper form because I had to send in various forms of ID because my passport was out of date.. I got told it could take another 4 weeks because it wasn't online. I applied in February this year, got it in 2 weeks
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by H1TMaN99
I applied in September 2001if I remember and till this day I haven't received anything. I bought a brand new car in 2001 that I was meant to drive but I couldn't without my provisional licence. Now the car is very old as it's 2016. I called them and the said I'll receive it within 7 working days. So yea just keep waiting and stay calm.

You waited nearly 16 years????
Original post by rayquaza17

loooool its obviously sarcasm, i can't believe people are so stupid smh.
Original post by CourtneyMcG1
Yeah cause I tried to get it online but my passport want expired so they sent me out a form that I had to sign and put a updated picture on that was authorized, I also sent my passport and birth lines away today with a first classed stamp so hoping to get it back in 2-3 weeks max haha

How long did it take to come?
I have waited about 4-5 weeks and I have sent everything possible off yet I'm still waiting I'm beginning to lose my patience now. I've already contacted them and they said 'its still being processed' and about two weeks later I check to see how it is, yet my application that I completed after doing the online one that comes to your address after one week still isn't there apparently!
In July 2016 I applied online using my passport number for the photo and it took around 4-5 days.
I recently moved house and I've got my practical test on the 31st so I needed a replacement which I ordered on a Monday and it came on Thursday.
when will i receve my new one i have lost mine but i sent it off in the post yesterday
Original post by rayquaza17
their are so much liers on this i had mine in 10 days and i had to send for my new one yesterday and i phoned them up and they said it will be with me in a few days
right ,i've sent mine by post . So how long until i get it ????????????????................
Reply 74
Original post by Nicky Shurmer
right ,i've sent mine by post . So how long until i get it ????????????????................

This thread is from 2012... create your own, or ideally, do the logical thing and listen to the DVLA.
Reply 75
What did you do yours on for it to come so quick?

Latest