Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

English Literature AQA POETRY; Relationships clust predicted questions 24nd May 2012

Announcements Posted on
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have a feeling it may be on born yesterday
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    really why?
    i think it will be praise song
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I hope it is not Born Yesterday
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    eurgh I'm doing this
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I can tell you what it won't be.

In Paris with You, Brothers and Sister Maude are the only listed ones on foundation.

Sonnet 43, Nettles, Harmonium and The Manhunt have come up already under the new spec (ie within the last year).

So that leaves Hour, Quickdraw, Sonnet 116, Praise song, Coy Mistress, Farmer's Bride, Born Yesterday or Ghazal.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    can someone please explain to his coymistress to me?
    thankyou so much!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thats really interesting! I have a sneaky feeling the first one will be Farmers Bride and the
    second one perhaps praise song but im not sure i wish it was the man hunt
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I was really hoping it would be something like Manhunt, Nettles, Quickdraw - those ones are soo much easier to write about..
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Please please please please please be Nettles...
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Praying it's Hour or Quickdraw, know them poems inside out.

Would be a safe idea to learn atleast 2 poems thoroughly for Contemporary and Literary Heritage section. Higher probability that you'll get the poem you've studied (:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _soph1)
    I was really hoping it would be something like Manhunt, Nettles, Quickdraw - those ones are soo much easier to write about..
    i wanted it to be manhunt to! but last year manhunt and nettles came up so not very likely
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    If we get either of the sonnets I think I'll cry...!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I wanted it to be manhunt so badly! Can someone send me some starting points on how to analyse Sonnet 116? Because i find it really hard to do anything with
    I know manhunt, nettles, quickdraw and ghazal...
    just to let you guys know, Hour, Harmonium and Sonnet 116 - if they appear - will only appear in the higher tier...so there's a high likelihood that one of them will come up.
    how did everyone find the lit paper today? anyone do TKAM and/or the Crucible, the questions were horrible!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liam95)
    I can tell you what it won't be.

In Paris with You, Brothers and Sister Maude are the only listed ones on foundation.

Sonnet 43, Nettles, Harmonium and The Manhunt have come up already under the new spec (ie within the last year).

So that leaves Hour, Quickdraw, Sonnet 116, Praise song, Coy Mistress, Farmer's Bride, Born Yesterday or Ghazal.
    does that mean its 100% not any of the foundation papers? as in do we not have to revise them?
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rose393)
    does that mean its 100% not any of the foundation papers? as in do we not have to revise them?
    Look on page 3. http://store.aqa.org.uk/resourceZone...-TRB-U01TG.PDF
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Also, the last two papers have featured on poem from the contemporary section and one from the literary heritage, if that helps anyone.

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liam95)
    Also, the last two papers have featured on poem from the contemporary section and one from the literary heritage, if that helps anyone.

Which part of the paper were these poems in??

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou ! that's so useful
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    I done it in Jan and I got a question on feelings to do with harmonium and I compared it with Praise song.

The unseen was utter crap. I said it was about procrastination LOL when it was actually about taking a break and relaxing -.- I kept on referring to the poet as the wrong gender :|

I almost got full UMS thanks to this amazing resource!
    Attached.
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: pdf Relationships Poetry.pdf (350.2 KB, 16352 views)
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ginge:))
    I wanted it to be manhunt so badly! Can someone send me some starting points on how to analyse Sonnet 116? Because i find it really hard to do anything with
    I know manhunt, nettles, quickdraw and ghazal...
    just to let you guys know, Hour, Harmonium and Sonnet 116 - if they appear - will only appear in the higher tier...so there's a high likelihood that one of them will come up.
    how did everyone find the lit paper today? anyone do TKAM and/or the Crucible, the questions were horrible!
    Harmonium came up in Jan and one of the sonnets, I think it was 43 though.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 21, 2014
New on TSR

GCSE mocks revision

Share your study tips

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.