Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So. I'm the new girl, huh?

Announcements Posted on
We're up for a Webby! Vote TSR to help us win. 10-04-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well, honestly, I have no idea what to do, now that I've actually joined the TSR. I've been watching it for a while, and it seems pretty cool
    So, tell me, what do you guys do on this thing?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey FreedomRunner!

I've just joined today too

I quite like The Student Room, it's a nice website that enables users to help each other with problems, answer questions, interact and so on.

So what are you studying?

And welcome to TSR!

Regards, Christian.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gibbsiz92)
    Hey FreedomRunner!

I've just joined today too

I quite like The Student Room, it's a nice website that enables users to help each other with problems, answer questions, interact and so on.

So what are you studying?

And welcome to TSR!

Regards, Christian.

Hi, welcome to TSR yourself as well lol.

What stage are you at in your life and studies then? Im just coming to the end of my 2nd year in uni. x
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JessicaUk)
    Hi, welcome to TSR yourself as well lol.

What stage are you at in your life and studies then? Im just coming to the end of my 2nd year in uni. x
    Thanks

I'm studying A-Level Mathematics part time this year. I studied the triple A-Level and finished that last year and only need to complete the Maths now

How did you did the transition from school/college to university?

You're coming to the end of your 2nd year, how was it compared to the first year? And what subject did you decide to study?

Good luck!

Regards, Christian.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thanks

I'm studying A-Level Mathematics part time this year. I studied the triple A-Level and finished that last year and only need to complete the Maths now

How did you did the transition from school/college to university?

You're coming to the end of your 2nd year, how was it compared to the first year? And what subject did you decide to study?

Good luck!

Regards, Christian.
    Wow you sure like Maths lol.

School/college to university went smooth enough, the gradual build up was good and in my 1st year at uni I found it all ok. However the 2nd year has been a lot harder and the 3rd year is just going to get more intense, but I know it is so just gota be prepared.

I am studying Media Production, all about film making, photography, websites, annimation, TV studios etc. It has been totally ace! x
    • 161 followers

ReputationRep:
    :hello: Welcome to TSR!

:tsr:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Wow you sure like Maths lol.

School/college to university went smooth enough, the gradual build up was good and in my 1st year at uni I found it all ok. However the 2nd year has been a lot harder and the 3rd year is just going to get more intense, but I know it is so just gota be prepared.

I am studying Media Production, all about film making, photography, websites, annimation, TV studios etc. It has been totally ace! x
    Oh wow that sounds like a really interesting course. Have you always been interested in photography and media then?

And yeah I do enjoy Maths

What is it you'd like to do once you graduate?
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow that sounds like a really interesting course. Have you always been interested in photography and media then?

And yeah I do enjoy Maths

What is it you'd like to do once you graduate?
    My course has an element of maths as well, and I don't mind that side whereas many of my course mates just hate it lol.

I just went for Media Production as I was interested in the subject and nope I wasn't thinking about this route previously. When I graduate I want to be in a good role within either films or TV, but films is my main interest. Director? My aim eventually lol. xx
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    My course has an element of maths as well, and I don't mind that side whereas many of my course mates just hate it lol.

I just went for Media Production as I was interested in the subject and nope I wasn't thinking about this route previously. When I graduate I want to be in a good role within either films or TV, but films is my main interest. Director? My aim eventually lol. xx
    Ah so you're quite the mathematician your self

Oo been a Director would be interesting! I take it you're a film lover then?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've been reading tsr for a while and decided to join very recently too
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:

Lol, I wouldn't say I am a mathematician at all, not even close lol!

I do like films, but I can not watch a film now without working out how many cameras they had shooting, how many takes they used, the angles, the panning, the tilts, the push focus shots...just about the whole film I watch and decide what is good and what is bad...then I have to watch the film again just to watch it lol! xx
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Haha I know what you mean. I'm that way now after studying Maths sorry for the late reply by the way, I had my final exam on Thursday and haven't been on the internet since my last post.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    Haha I know what you mean. I'm that way now after studying Maths sorry for the late reply by the way, I had my final exam on Thursday and haven't been on the internet since my last post.
    Hi, I had my final exam last Thurs as well, cool lol. So you hopeful of achieving decent grades from your exams?

What are you going to be doing from now then? And...nice to hear from you again :-) xxx
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:

Being.

Lol, I wouldn't say I am a mathematician at all, not even close lol!

I do like films, but I can not watch a film now without working out how many cameras they had shooting, how many takes they used, the angles, the panning, the tilts, the push focus shots...just about the whole film I watch and decide what is good and what is bad...then I have to watch the film again just to watch it lol! xx
    I'm no media expert, but how precisely can you tell the amount of takes from watching a film?

(Original post by FreedomRunner)
    Well, honestly, I have no idea what to do, now that I've actually joined the TSR. I've been watching it for a while, and it seems pretty cool
    So, tell me, what do you guys do on this thing?
    The TSR = the the student room. Incorrect.

What do people do on here? Well I can't speak for others, but I spend my time pedantically correcting minor insignificant errors in the posts of others for my own gratification. Time well spent. Welcome.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M1011)
    Being.

I'm no media expert, but how precisely can you tell the amount of takes from watching a film?

What do people do on here? Well I can't speak for others, but I spend my time pedantically correcting minor insignificant errors in the posts of others for my own gratification. Time well spent. Welcome.
    Ok ok....I was a little under the influence of alcohol...you can not of course tell how many takes they used. I can make a section of film look as though it was all done in one take whereas infact it is multiple takes over multiple days.

I know what I meant, but didnt have the name, and still don't as it is late and I have had a drink...or two! :-)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M1011)
    Being.

Well done to you, I admire that. I didn't notice the misuse of the word 'been' at first until you pointed it out. My text messages to friends and family contain similar mistakes due to the 'autocorrect' feature on the iPhone, which has now been disabled for that reason.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: May 28, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered welcome lounge threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.