The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Biology 2H Unofficial Mark Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by R.P.Everything.
They may credit something to do with nutrients too. It's right, so I'm assuming marks could be picked up there too.

As long as it is clear which gene is recessive, and which is dominant, it should be fine.

To be honest, I can't remember who had diabetes, but as long as it asked why the doctor knew that person had diabetes, the answers should remain the same.

it was defo A that had diabetes because after that there was a question that said suggest on reason why person B does not have diabetes for sure :smile:
Reply 41
Original post by shyamshah
A* 28 really? That low?

Well it was quite hard, and in past years it has been 26 more than once
Reply 42
Original post by Princess008
oopps :wink:.

Naaa you're right it won't be as high as 45 LOL it'll be about 33-35 :smile:
i got 99-89 that was for the graph diabetes question.
do you think they will be a range?
well... i think i failed....
Original post by maxtate
Naaa you're right it won't be as high as 45 LOL it'll be about 33-35 :smile:

i hope it is less. but everyone found it easy wth. it was an okish paper. :smile:
Original post by maxtate
For 4b I wrote that the alkaline solution changes the shape of the membrane therefore the beads will be able to be released?? Probs wrong, but worth checking LOL and for 4c, I wrote that the enzymes are specific, therefore they wont digest because that is a different type of lipid, also probs wrong, but yhh thanks :biggrin:

your answer for 4b i think is wrong mate, i dont think shape of the membrane changes??:confused:

and for 4c its unlikely its right, but it could be
Original post by Ketchup!
Well it was quite hard, and in past years it has been 26 more than once

I wouldn't say it was that hard, but if the grade boundaries are that low then it is very good :smile:
Original post by Princess008
it was defo A that had diabetes because after that there was a question that said suggest on reason why person B does not have diabetes for sure :smile:

it may be 'A' who had diabetes, but the second part of that question was definitely about why that person did have diabetes (someone else please confirm).
would it be possible for any one to post unoffical mark scheme b2foundation please????????
for the mineral ion that stops yellow leaves would not be magnesium? i thought that if there was a loss in magnesium it makes yellow leaves so i put chlorophyll LOL im a retard
Reply 51
I am pretty sure the question was 'why was there a fall in glucose levels for person B?' :smile:
Reply 52
and for the control variable question I wrote same test tubes must be used and the size of the pondweed that was cut must be the same.... will i get the mark?
im sure it said why did B did not have diabetes.
and btw does spelling matters. i spelt dilate wrong to dilact. i forgot what it was
Reply 54
Original post by shyamshah
I wouldn't say it was that hard, but if the grade boundaries are that low then it is very good :smile:

Haha I'm saying that judging on my friend's reactions/everyone's opinions on here after stalking these threads for a few hours :L

Personally I would say it wasn't difficult but there were just a few questions that threw me
Original post by drhaj
I am pretty sure the question was 'why was there a fall in glucose levels for person B?' :smile:

yeh something along that line.
i wrote exercise
Reply 56
Original post by R.P.Everything.
it may be 'A' who had diabetes, but the second part of that question was definitely about why that person did have diabetes (someone else please confirm).

I am pretty sure the question was 'why was there a fall in glucose levels for person B?'
:smile:
Reply 57
Original post by drhaj

Yes this was the question and I wrote because insulin would be produced which lowers the blood glucose level?
Original post by Ketchup!
Haha I'm saying that judging on my friend's reactions/everyone's opinions on here after stalking these threads for a few hours :L

Personally I would say it wasn't difficult but there were just a few questions that threw me

Yeah pretty much the same with me, some questions were hard and some weren't that bad.
Reply 59
I wrote about the fact that the body produced insulin instructed the liver to converted the glucose into glycogen and that's why the blood had lower levels of glucose?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending