Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

AQA AS History - HIS2M - 22nd May 2012

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by omgwhat)
    I think the exam was generally okay and could have gone worse! The mass rallies questions threw me off a bit because I couldn't think of a lot to say.. did anyone do that question?
    Same, but the 24 mark was nice

I put:
    1) Sign of strength and superiority to invoke patriotism
    2) Ensure people felt part of the Volksgemeinschaft e.g Hitler's Birthday celebrations, Nuremburg rallies ect

3) then I kinda stuggled so I just put to co-ordinate the SA terror in the early years to get rid of opposition
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Puzzzled)

I put:
    2) Ensure people felt part of the Volksgemeinschaft e.g Hitler's Birthday celebrations, Nuremburg rallies ect

3) then I kinda stuggled so I just put to co-ordinate the SA terror in the early years to get rid of opposition
    Those are fair pouts definitely worthy of credit I practically wrote the same thing!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Points* not pouts haha

• 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by puzzzled)
    same, but the 24 mark was nice

i put:
    1) sign of strength and superiority to invoke patriotism
    2) ensure people felt part of the volksgemeinschaft e.g hitler's birthday celebrations, nuremburg rallies ect

3) then i kinda stuggled so i just put to co-ordinate the sa terror in the early years to get rid of opposition
    omg i wrote that too.. So i didn't flop entirely? ****ing awesome <3
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Puzzzled)

I put:

Actually now that I think over it, my third point was that it was a method of effective propaganda in order to inspire youth etc as well..
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I screwed it up horrifically. I'd be lucky to get an A

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The first source question was slightly tricky. I'm used to the two sources being more different than similar however I felt that the first two sources were in fact more similar than different.
    Overall I thought it went okay.
    Would be interested to know whether people went for the first question or the second on the non-source based?

• 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ricky1995)
    The first source question was slightly tricky. I'm used to the two sources being more different than similar however I felt that the first two sources were in fact more similar than different.
    Would be interested to know whether people went for the first question or the second on the non-source based?

Yeah I thought they were more similar, although I didn't even have time to conclude that! and I chose the first non-source base question, mostly because I didn't do much revision on war as it came up as a source question in Jan so I had a feeling it would be a non-source based question that I wouldn't NEED to pick! How about you?

• 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ricky1995)

I was actually quite surprised too! All the past papers had more differences than similarities, they were really evil this time! XD I felt like I was a little too descriptive and didn't explain as much, but I did bring in some of my own knowledge.. like Robert Ley being alcoholic and womanising, the cruises took people to Libya, Turkey etc.

And I picked question too because the question on the attempted assassination of Hitler I had no idea about! There was literally one paragraph on it on the book.. And I had 2/3 average points for mass ralies and loads of good ones for radio so it went okay. I think I got a high B or maybe even scraped an A, but my either unit went so great that I hope it brings my grade up! I don't know we'll have to wait and see. XD

What did you think? Which questions did you do?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by omgwhat)
    I was actually quite surprised too! All the past papers had more differences than similarities, they were really evil this time! XD I felt like I was a little too descriptive and didn't explain as much, but I did bring in some of my own knowledge.. like Robert Ley being alcoholic and womanising, the cruises took people to Libya, Turkey etc.

And I picked question too because the question on the attempted assassination of Hitler I had no idea about! There was literally one paragraph on it on the book.. And I had 2/3 average points for mass ralies and loads of good ones for radio so it went okay. I think I got a high B or maybe even scraped an A, but my either unit went so great that I hope it brings my grade up! I don't know we'll have to wait and see. XD

What did you think? Which questions did you do?

I also picked question 2 because I made the decision not to revise for war and took the risk and it paid off. But in terms of the actual paper, I didn't do so well. With question 2B, the 24 mark, I spoke about the effectiveness of radio, then went on to talk about the effectiveness of Newspapers, Films, Music and Rallies. Then I assessed it and said that Radio was in fact the best means of indoctrination. But I don't think that I did the exam so well in terms of structure and coherency.

I did really badly on the source based questions in general. Again, same problem with the similarities/differences because they were so heavily similar. But i managed to squeeze something out of it.

With the source based 24 i messed it up. I didn't talk about terror, but I did talk about success and failures of Churches, Peasants and Workers and for some stupid reason I brought up propaganda as well when I should have mentioned another group in assessing the success of the Volksgemeinschaft.

On the whole, aoiihgeoagorwhngoirehbneroihnbeo i!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 23, 2012
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Join the TSR Halloween party...if you dare!

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.