The Student Room Group

Themes/ important ideas for Of Mice And Men, and An Inspector Calls!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Teja_96
O_0 oh god im gonna die -_-
well im gonna make so much noise the invigilators might disqualify me!! and somethings bound to fall of my table.
Good Luck everyone XD

Haha :tongue: .. Good luck to you too!! Have fun annoying the invigilators :biggrin:
Reply 41
hey does anyone have any information on Slim. i have been taught absolutely nothing on him apart from that he has a powerful presence but i don't know the effect on the reader or the authors purpose.
Reply 42
Original post by nervouspupil123
Has anyone got some other good quotations to use?

The pdf is useless for closed book, those quotes are way too long! :eek:
The "Mice & Men Notes" are by someone on TSR, I can't recall their username :colondollar:
Reply 43
It was a nice exam I think(AQA) :biggrin: how did everyone else find it?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by James3110
It was a nice exam I think :biggrin: how did everyone else find it?

we're not really allowed to talk about it yet...i didn't like the last question tho
Reply 45
we're not really allowed to talk about it yet...i didn't like the last question tho

We are allowed because it's AQA(you did do this board, right?) and they are only based in the UK :smile:
We are allowed because it's AQA(you did do this board, right?) and they are only based in the UK :smile:

oh :L although i didn't find this paper particularly good hopefully i'll still get an A/A* as i was on 180/180 prior to this exam :smile: ... heres for optimism?
Reply 47
It was a nice exam I think(AQA) :biggrin: how did everyone else find it?

it was amazinggggg
Reply 48
i was on 180/180 prior to this exam :smile:

How the heck did you manage that?? :P I'm guessing you did poetry last year and got full marks? Any tips please? :colondollar:

Original post by Teja_96
it was amazinggggg

I thought so aswell, we had nice questions :colone:
How the heck did you manage that?? :P I'm guessing you did poetry last year and got full marks? Any tips please? :colondollar:

Quite a bit of luck to be honest :/ i used this guide to all the poems which had some key ideas and helped with the understanding of the poems. Also, i thought of 1 or 2 points for each poem that were a little 'out of the box' to try and separate me from other candidates. and i guess english is my best subject, even if i hate it

what did you say about attitudes towards women in society? i said stuff about how in a male dominated society women were objectified and used purely for sexual gratification etc... is this along the right lines?
Reply 50
what did you say about attitudes towards women in society? i said stuff about how in a male dominated society women were objectified and used purely for sexual gratification etc... is this along the right lines?

Yeah I wrote along them lines aswell .. and I wrote how women were isolated in society which was shown by Curley's wife being the only female on the ranch and about loneliness etc..
Reply 51

hell yeah!! lool im soo happy
Omg the questions for OMAM was sooo good! :biggrin:
An Inspector Calls really is awful isn't it...
Reply 54
Original post by Barden
An Inspector Calls really is awful isn't it...

It wasn't that bad was it??
It wasn't that bad was it??

Well it was better than Pride and Prejudice...
Reply 56

ohhhh they were heaven lool XD
Reply 57
Original post by Teja_96
ohhhh they were heaven lool XD

LOOL still haven't gotten over it ? :tongue:
Reply 58
LOOL still haven't gotten over it ? :tongue:

omg no but todays english exam = fail :frown:
Reply 59
Original post by Teja_96
omg no but todays english exam = fail :frown:

How comes?! I thought it was okish I guess!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending