The Student Room Group

Themes/ important ideas for Of Mice And Men, and An Inspector Calls!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by James3110
How comes?! I thought it was okish I guess!

i am gutted. the light brigade poem thing - i compared it to hawk roosting (yeah i know i dont know what i was thinking). but on the bright side i think i nailed the unseen poem :smile:
Reply 61
Original post by Teja_96
i am gutted. the light brigade poem thing - i compared it to hawk roosting (yeah i know i dont know what i was thinking). but on the bright side i think i nailed the unseen poem :smile:

I did that question aswell(I wasn't feeling Mametz wood) and compared it to Bayonet Charge, I don't even think it suited the question but I think I did okay! I'm sure it can't be as bad as what I did last summer .. comparing one of the poems to Come on,come back when I wasn't even familiar with it .. it was like comparing an unseen poem!
Reply 62
Original post by James3110
I did that question aswell(I wasn't feeling Mametz wood) and compared it to Bayonet Charge, I don't even think it suited the question but I think I did okay! I'm sure it can't be as bad as what I did last summer .. comparing one of the poems to Come on,come back when I wasn't even familiar with it .. it was like comparing an unseen poem!

ahh well i bet you did well :smile:
Reply 63
Original post by shyamshah
I have a few essays on OMAM if anyone wants, just send me your email and I will send it to you :smile:

I know i'm like a year late but i was wondering if you could send my some of you paragraphs. My exam is next week and I see some different interpretations. My e-mail is [Removed - please use PMs or post here directly]
Reply 64
I also have this exam tommorrow! (well today...i cant sleep)

Of Mice and Men Themes:
cruel nature of men: all the characters in the book cave companionship with lonlieness around every corner so many open up to complete strangers in the ook as they need someone to listen to their woes. after they have said all of this they realise that they have made themselves weak, and are at their lowest. so to combat this they pick on other, weaker characters in the book to make themselves feel stronger. a prime example of this is when crooks reduces lennie to tears after he has told him of his upset of being cast out. steinbeck is trying to highlight that the stregnth of upsetting others and the power you feel from this is actually itself formed from weakness.

the broken american dream: all of the main characters have a dream they wish to furfill and have been unable to due to the circumstances they are in. al of them dream of untarnished joy, and with many dreaming of the farm this is typically american. but, at the end of the book george grows increasingly pessimistic until he realises the dream was never possible in the first place.
hey do you still have them essays
Hey man, don't know whether you still have these but could you send me some over at [email protected]
3 years late hahah but have you still got them essays?!?!?!?!:smile:
I have a few essays on OMAM if anyone wants, just send me your email and I will send it to you :smile:
I'm doing this in 2015 and I haven't done any revision 😖😖 the exam is tomorrow first period I'm so gonna fail I can't find quotes in just 45 mi s
Form is like, the structure inside the book. So y'know in poetry when writers randomly split up lines, or write poems in shapes? That's form. You get it in books (Like OMAM) with varied sentence and paragraph lengths, but also through words and dialogue, if stuff is in capitals or bold etc. Good luck tomorrow :*

Hi shyamshah

I know you sent this reply over 4 years ago (!!) but I am doing Of Mice and Men at the moment and I would really appreciate looking at the essays you did. Do you still have them? If you do, could you PM them to me?

Thanks! :h:
4 years on and you're still helping idiots who leave everything till the night before. Thank you so much
Hi there. I have my exam in 10 weeks time and I have to write an essay on OMAM. I was wondering if you could send me those essay you have ? Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending