Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My Natural Bodybuilding Progress

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've just finished my first month of serious lifting.

Tell me what you guys think. Personally, I see that my chest is lagging behind a little so I'm going to be blasting it in the next month

Legs for those that were asking:

EDIT: Included new legs video
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah your chest and triceps are both behind, but particularly your chest. Methinks you need to spend less time posing and more time cutting too.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Post pics of legs and back. Also could do with some more shoulder development - more overhead pressing methinks. Don't worry about your bodyfat, just keep it under control and put some more weight on.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Do you deadlift or bench at all?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    It looks like you just spent a month doing bicep curls
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elipsis)
    Yeah your chest and triceps are both behind, but particularly your chest. Methinks you need to spend less time posing and more time cutting too.
    Thanks for the feedback, but I've only just started bulking so I won't be cutting anytime soon.

(Original post by SEHughes)
    Post pics of legs and back. Also could do with some more shoulder development - more overhead pressing methinks. Don't worry about your bodyfat, just keep it under control and put some more weight on.
    Thanks for the feedback. I do 2 sets of presses on Chest Day. What's your opinion on having a day just for shoulders?

(Original post by chrislpp)
    Do you deadlift or bench at all?
    I can understand you asking about bench but why deadlift?

I do dumbbell presses but I'm starting to think that the barbell would be better for me. I heard that barbells isolate the chest a bit more.

(Original post by Scoobiedoobiedo)
    It looks like you just spent a month doing bicep curls
    It's funny because I haven't curled once in the whole month. I only work bicep on back day which includes t bar rows, lat pull downs and v bar pull downs.

Everyone's body responds differently, I guess. I've always had nice peaks on my biceps.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    meh, you look better than me so I can't really comment.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't know why you are putting a transformation video after a month. I would do it after 6 months or something.

Seriously...you don't do dead-lift...please say that you do squats.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Very irritating jellyness on this thread.

Bottom line is you've been lifting for ONE month and you've already got pretty decent size, especially in the arms. Play your cards right and by the end of the year you could be ****ing huge mate.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frank Nero)
    I do 2 sets of presses on Chest Day. What's your opinion on having a day just for shoulders?
    Alternate the bench and press each time you press.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by midlandsman)

Bottom line is you've been lifting for ONE month and you've already got pretty decent size, especially in the arms. Play your cards right and by the end of the year you could be ****ing huge mate.
    This. For 1 month (if he's telling the truth and is telling the truth about natty), that's a very good body. Great genetics.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    don't be a curl monkey
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's funny because I haven't curled once in the whole month. I only work bicep on back day which includes t bar rows, lat pull downs and v bar pull downs.

Everyone's body responds differently, I guess. I've always had nice peaks on my biceps.
    Start curling then, get some godly biceps.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DorianGrayism)
    I don't know why you are putting a transformation video after a month. I would do it after 6 months or something.

Seriously...you don't do dead-lift...please say that you do squats.
    Everyone kept pointing out how much mass I've gained in just a month.

(Original post by midlandsman)

Thanks, mate - I appreciate it.

(Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    This. For 1 month (if he's telling the truth and is telling the truth about natty), that's a very good body. Great genetics.
    Thanks. I've always been athletic looking and involved in sports like boxing and judo. I think I've gained so much mass because I'm finally eating right. I've always under-eaten and over-trained in the past.

(Original post by Mr.mAddd)
    don't be a curl monkey
    I haven't curled once in the whole month of lifting.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've just finished my first month of serious lifting.

Tell me what you guys think. Personally, I see that my chest is lagging behind a little so I'm going to be blasting it in the next month
    Well I didn't see a before picture in that video, so I can't comment on progress, only on your body. Chest is lacking, biceps are okay (you have short insertions that make them look bigger), triceps need more work to balance out biceps, shoulders are okay, lats are good, the main thing you need to work is traps as there is barely anything there. Also, you have quite a high bf% so don't be surprised if you lose some mass when you cut. Also post legs and lifting stats.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Dumbells would isolate chest more, but not by much.

If you want to hit the whole chest do bench and flyes.....incline and decline is a complete waste of time.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daviant)
    Well I didn't see a before picture in that video, so I can't comment on progress, only on your body. Chest is lacking, biceps are okay (you have short insertions that make them look bigger), triceps need more work to balance out biceps, shoulders are okay, lats are good, the main thing you need to work is traps as there is barely anything there. Also, you have quite a high bf% so don't be surprised if you lose some mass when you cut. Also post legs and lifting stats.
    Not that high really. High to those who have starvation packs maybe...
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    i can imagine you watching that vid 24/7

but good work your arms look nice
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Everyone kept pointing out how much mass I've gained in just a month.
    You will have gained some mass. That is not the point. Someone who looks like a twig and make them gain mass in a month with the correct diet and training routine. That does not mean that there is enough significant change for a transformation video.

The main point was that you need to do squats and Deadlifts.

Also, it is not a natural bodybuilding video without showing your legs. I suspect you are not showing them because you don't do them.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Old School)
    Not that high really. High to those who have starvation packs maybe...
    He has visible deposits on his chest, sternum, hips and he has a visible belly. I would qualify that as high. For me, high is anything above 12-15%. However, I am not suggesting that OP is fat.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 31, 2012
New on TSR

Naughtiest thing you did at school

Did you get away with it or were you punished?

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

Exercise tipsNutrition advice

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.