Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My Natural Bodybuilding Progress

Announcements Posted on
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bellissima)
    i can imagine you watching that vid 24/7

but good work your arms look nice
    What makes you think that? And thanks for the compliment - I appreciate it.

(Original post by DorianGrayism)
    You will have gained some mass. That is not the point. Someone who looks like a twig and make them gain mass in a month with the correct diet and training routine. That does not mean that there is enough significant change for a transformation video.

The main point was that you need to do squats and Deadlifts.

Also, it is not a natural bodybuilding video without showing your legs. I suspect you are not showing them because you don't do them.
    I hear you. I should have included a picture for comparison, but those that know me have pointed out a noticeable increase in mass and muscle.

And my legs are actually the biggest part of my body. Who wouldn't do legs?

I took the pictures in the gym changing rooms and there aren't any full length mirrors.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    For those interested in how much mass I've gained, I've attached a picture of myself just before a judo competition in March 2012. The upper limit was 73kg.

Any muscle I did have was from sparring and bodyweight training. Looking back, I was definitely under-eating and overtraining.
    Attached Thumbnails
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00084-20111215-1843.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	56.3 KB 
ID:	150560  
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    you have awesome genetics
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frank Nero)
    Thanks for the feedback, but I've only just started bulking so I won't be cutting anytime soon.

Thanks for the feedback. I do 2 sets of presses on Chest Day. What's your opinion on having a day just for shoulders?

I can understand you asking about bench but why deadlift?

I do dumbbell presses but I'm starting to think that the barbell would be better for me. I heard that barbells isolate the chest a bit more.

It's funny because I haven't curled once in the whole month. I only work bicep on back day which includes t bar rows, lat pull downs and v bar pull downs.

Everyone's body responds differently, I guess. I've always had nice peaks on my biceps.
    You don't need to cut yet since your chest needs some work, but when you do, just use an exercise bike as it's better than running if you wanna lose weight as you can go for longer and burn more calories in my opinion, it's not that hard, I lost 2 jean sizes in 2 weeks by cycling 10 km in 20 mins or you could just have a long cycle ride.

Shoulders aren't that hard, do military presses, shrugs and flyers.

I get what you mean though with the legs bit, I've always had big legs so it doesn't get affected by me doing upper body work.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Nice brah , didn't see legs but I take you work them?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    how old are you geezer? if im honest your pecs and tris are well underdone, but then, if you are like 15 y/o then its decent going i suppose.
    Pull ups, military presses, tricep dips plus some compound stuff like someone else suggested deads and squats will do the world of good
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've just finished my first month of serious lifting.

Tell me what you guys think. Personally, I see that my chest is lagging behind a little so I'm going to be blasting it in the next month

I think you've got good potential if i'm being honest. I think your obviously still in that newbie phase where your learning a lot about how to train.

You say you want to bulk, your bodyfat is already quite high. Find out your maintenance calories and clean bulk ( add 200-500 calories above maintenance)

Focus on the compound movements, i'd get of the current split your on if i were you. If your insistent on doing a split, make sure you have some with some frequency where your hitting everything 2 x per week.

Oh and please don't become a bicep curl bro....

Or i'll come hit you with a dumbell.

Good luck.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    People were asking me about my legs - and here they are. My legs are nicely proportioned with the rest of body but I haven't got much definition in my thighs yet because of my bodyfat. I also have high calves which pop out like baseballs in the same way my biceps do.

And you'll notice that I have an apollo's belt which shows even when my bodyfat gets pretty high.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by duharvalgt)
    Nice brah , didn't see legs but I take you work them?
    Thanks - I appreciate it. You can see my legs in the new video.

(Original post by WheresWally)
    I think you've got good potential if i'm being honest. I think your obviously still in that newbie phase where your learning a lot about how to train.

You say you want to bulk, your bodyfat is already quite high. Find out your maintenance calories and clean bulk ( add 200-500 calories above maintenance)

Focus on the compound movements, i'd get of the current split your on if i were you. If your insistent on doing a split, make sure you have some with some frequency where your hitting everything 2 x per week.

Oh and please don't become a bicep curl bro....

Or i'll come hit you with a dumbell.

Good luck.
    Thanks for the feedback. I'm aware that my bodyfat has gotten high. I didn't look like that before - I've bulked up to this size and now I'm realising that I'm over-doing it so I'll cut back.

I'm pretty new to all this
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thanks - I appreciate it. You can see my legs in the new video.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm aware that my bodyfat has gotten high. I didn't look like that before - I've bulked up to this size and now I'm realising that I'm over-doing it so I'll cut back.

I'm pretty new to all this

Yeah it'd not a problem, if i were you i'd bulk at no more than 3lbs a month, if you want to stay lean. At most if your genetically gifted you can expect 30lbs of lbm a year, so bulking above this amount others very little value.

I'd say realistically clean up the diet gain 0.5lb-0.75 a week, doesn't sound like much but 24lb of muscle on your frame and people's jaws will drop.

What is your current routine?

Oh and what are your lifts on

bench press:
    Squat
    Rows
    Deadlifts
    Overhead press.

Get these to me and i can help you out mate. Been lifting 4 years now.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WheresWally)
    Yeah it'd not a problem, if i were you i'd bulk at no more than 3lbs a month, if you want to stay lean. At most if your genetically gifted you can expect 30lbs of lbm a year, so bulking above this amount others very little value.

I'd say realistically clean up the diet gain 0.5lb-0.75 a week, doesn't sound like much but 24lb of muscle on your frame and people's jaws will drop.

What is your current routine?

Oh and what are your lifts on

bench press:
    Squat
    Rows
    Deadlifts
    Overhead press.

Get these to me and i can help you out mate. Been lifting 4 years now.
    My stats this week:

Bench Press - 70kg for 10 reps
    Squat - 100kg for 10 reps
    T Bar Row - 45kg for 8 reps
    Deadlift - 120kg for 5 reps
    Shoulder Press - 14kg x2 (Dumbbells) for 12 reps

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 31, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

Exercise tipsNutrition advice

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.