The Student Room Group

A2 Module Re-takes??

Just need a bit of clarification, because I'm completely confused by it all. If I retake 2 January A2 modules this June, will it harm my re-application to medical school for 2013 entry? I don't really need to retake them in order to get the three A's, but I do if I want to aim for A*s in those subjects, which I'm trying to do to give me the best possible chance of getting in next year after a disappointing application this year. I just want to make sure I'm not shooting myself in the foot :/ Looking at the information on this page I'm just confusing myself. Any help would be massively appreciated :frown:
Reply 1
Original post by Spam610
Just need a bit of clarification, because I'm completely confused by it all. If I retake 2 January A2 modules this June, will it harm my re-application to medical school for 2013 entry? I don't really need to retake them in order to get the three A's, but I do if I want to aim for A*s in those subjects, which I'm trying to do to give me the best possible chance of getting in next year after a disappointing application this year. I just want to make sure I'm not shooting myself in the foot :/ Looking at the information on this page I'm just confusing myself. Any help would be massively appreciated :frown:

It's fine to resit your A2 modules as long as it's still within the two year span of A levels (i.e whilst still in year 13/upper sixth). The problems start when you have your A level grades in hand and then wish to resit (i.e retaking modules in gap year/year 14). That's when you're classed as a resit applicant which makes getting in far more difficult. By all means aim for A*s but in reality they don't actually give you that much of an advantage. If you want to maximise your chances of getting in next year, have a look at where your application went wrong this year and make sure you apply to your strengths next year :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending