The Student Room Group

A2 Edexcel History Unit 3 12th June 2012 (Discussion)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BrunoRussell
Happy to help :smile:
Yer so imagine Source 1 says: 'Ketts rebellion was strong because there was strong support against Somerset', whereas Source 2 says: 'Kett, although he never realised he would, had to work to gather support than did not readily supply itself. Ultimatley, this would cause any rebellion to fail'.

Here you can see a differing view between two sources, here you would bring own knowledge - how many were involved? was this a large or small number compared to other rebellions of the time? then you can discriminate and accept the account of one source as more credible.

That sounds like a lot to do for source questions, I'm nervous I won't be able to cross reference or recognize similarities or anything plus do this at the same time :frown:

By the way how long are you spending on section A and B
Original post by Gorganite
That sounds like a lot to do for source questions, I'm nervous I won't be able to cross reference or recognize similarities or anything plus do this at the same time :frown:

By the way how long are you spending on section A and B

Hi it's not too bad, the sources normally direct to own knowledge quite nicely. I would say spend 50 mins on Part A, then 10 mins reading through sources and pulling key points from then. Then 5 mins looking at how to cross reference sources and where to bring own knowledge them. You'll then have 55 mins to answer the Part B question.
Hope that helps - don't skimp on that 15 mins source reading and notes time otherwise your argument will fall to peices when you are writing it.
Original post by BrunoRussell
Hi it's not too bad, the sources normally direct to own knowledge quite nicely. I would say spend 50 mins on Part A, then 10 mins reading through sources and pulling key points from then. Then 5 mins looking at how to cross reference sources and where to bring own knowledge them. You'll then have 55 mins to answer the Part B question.
Hope that helps - don't skimp on that 15 mins source reading and notes time otherwise your argument will fall to peices when you are writing it.

How did you find it? I loved it :smile:
Original post by Gorganite
How did you find it? I loved it :smile:

Which questions did you answer? At the time I thought it was really easy, but now the more i think about it the more I feel I messed up/could have done way better.
Original post by S-e-Jones
Which questions did you answer? At the time I thought it was really easy, but now the more i think about it the more I feel I messed up/could have done way better.

I answered the one on peaceful coexistence which was great :biggrin:

The sources were okay I guess but I was always decent at doing sources and all.
Where you feel you messed up?
Reply 965
Hey does anyone know where I can find some option D- challenge of fascism past papers? Only found one so far from last year; are there any more? If not is there anywhere else I can get practice questions on this module?
Thanks!
Rory
Reply 966
Hey does anyone know where I can find some option D- challenge of fascism past papers? Only found one so far from last year; are there any more? If not is there anywhere else I can get practice questions on this module?
Thanks!
Rory
86% in unit 4 is 68.8 ums approximatey unless the boundaries change
They must do though because I saw a practice essay on Wyatt's that had a terrible intro and it got 37/40...don't know how!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending