The Student Room Group

S2 Edexcel Thursday 24th May AM - PAPER & SOLUTIONS IN FIRST POST

Scroll to see replies

:mad:this was a killer paper!!! im an A student! and i just got 45/75 here!!!!:eek::confused:
Reply 441
Original post by KaleidoStar7
Thta's pretty much what I got as well 0.0216 for both tails....

same
Think I might of got a U :frown:

Sampling distribution. WTF?

And I intergrated the PDF 3 times to check and still couldn't get it right.

HATE STATS, FML

But I did get n=35 :biggrin:
so you guys shud be atleast proud of urselves!
Reply 444
Original post by JordanS94
I got every 3 mark question wrong :lol: well I think I did, I may get method marks though

And I think I got almost every 6 or 8 mark question wrong. :cry:

Now I have to do really well in FP1 to boost my grade up. )':
Reply 445
Lost at least 10 marks =(
Hope i will scrape a mid A if people find it hard. Hopes for Cambridge gone with S2 i reckon. :frown:
Reply 446
Original post by S1L3NTPR3Y
Think I might of got a U :frown:

Sampling distribution. WTF?

And I intergrated the PDF 3 times to check and still couldn't get it right.

HATE STATS, FML

But I did get n=35 :biggrin:

I came out of the exam with a smile on my face - all my friends said they hated the exam. They think they've failed it too, so perhaps you've done OK in comparison to them. They can't fail everyone, can they?
Original post by soempty
Lost at least 10 marks =(
Hope i will scrape a mid A if people find it hard. Hopes for Cambridge gone with S2 i reckon. :frown:

what can i say, i lost 30 marks! i think my hopes for life are gone! especially that im an A student aswel!
dont worry, hopefully garde boundaries will be low, everyone lost marks somehow!
(edited 11 years ago)
Both tails were in fact 0.0216 ... just recalculated it now.
Original post by 24-Bubblys
what can i say, i lost 30 marks! i think my hopes for life are gone! especially that im an A student aswel!
dont worry, hopefully garde boundaries will be low, everyone lost marks somehow!

'i'm an A student' 'i lost 30 marks' ... Hmm...
Original post by Gibbo81
Here are the solutions. Thanks for all the negative rep! I know Arsey is an insomniac but some of us need our beauty sleep!

It comes in two parts unfortunately (I just couldn't get it to less than 1MB).

I thought it was pretty easy with a couple of unusual questions so my best guess for grade boundaries is about 63 for an A.

Let me know what you think.

EDIT the value associated with the crit region in Q2 should be 0.0214 not 0.0215 (doing it in my head!)

How much do you think 100ums will be? i think maybe 73?
Reply 451
Hopefully the grade boundaries will be low, that was a tough paper. The 5-bar p.d.f, the range sampling distribution and the last question were all a bit odd imo - I personally thought this paper was more difficult than all of the most recent ones since 2007! Ahh well, I think everyone found it quite difficult from my class atleast.
Reply 452
Boundaries must be low, everyone pretty much I've seen have said it was very difficult.

I think I lost 9-13 depending on how generous the examiner is :frown:

I have to ace FP2/Fp3 now to get an A*, I was hoping this would take the pressure off but no...
Original post by number23

It'll be 75, it's always 75.
Reply 454
Original post by number23

Unlikely.
It will probably be 75. You only usually get less than 75 for 100ums if the vast majority of people will have dropped marks.
Yes some questions are tricky but I think 75 is 'doable'
Reply 455
Can someone tell me how many marks I lost for each question?

6) Did everything (all possibilities and probabilities) apart from draw the range table
7b) Got the constant for 4<x<10 wrong (had 16/15 not -2/3), everything else is correct
7c) Got it wrong because I had a wrong constant in part B, but I got the working right, would I get an error carried forward?
What do you think 80 and 90 UMS will be?
Original post by jukebox123
80 ums will probably be 67/75, and 90 ums will be 71/75

Didn't everyone say it was hard?
Original post by theseeker
What do you think 80 and 90 UMS will be?

68-69 for 90, 61-63 for 80
Reply 459
Original post by theseeker
Didn't everyone say it was hard?

People on here generally find papers "hard" and get a good grade in it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending