The Student Room Group

Advice for unis, subjects and just about everything needed!

Yes so this is my first ever post and I am potentially being rather annoying by asking all the following questions but I could really do with some advice! :colondollar:
If you can answer any of the following questions (or anything relevant to anything) please do! :smile:

Soo...
I was thinking of doing Chinese at uni but after looking through endless reviews and courses I decided against it and am now looking at French and Spanish and potentially a third depending on what uni I head off to..
Current unis I'm thinking of applying to are Oxford, Edinburgh, Durham and Exeter. I haven't looked around any of them yet and still need a 5th!

I am currently doing french and spanish now for AS, I do love them but has anyone found that they get bored of their language if they've studied it for 7 years or so? (Not sure if possible, just popped into my mind)

If I were to do a third language any suggestions? And any comments on doing 3 over 2 languages?

What unis would anyone suggest? I've seen Bristol been slated quite a lot, Oxford seems to do a lot of literature?
And also, what unis have a lot of choice in what modules to study? I don't mind if the course is quite rigid in structure but it would be nice to choose :smile:
Also, probably won't happen, but are there any unis where you can change one out of the two languages over a year (e.g. first year study french and spanish, second year french and german etc..)

Just any particular comments in general about doing languages at uni?

Rereading that I sound dreadfully annoying and I thank anyone who has the patience to read through all of that and have any answers! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending